LegacyGT.com

Yokohama Snow Tires

whoopwhoop

Got a pretty big snow storm today in Colorado. Was out driving on the stock tires and slipping quite a bit, especially coming to stops and first starting out. Stock tires did ok once I was going. But a few times it got pretty hairy pulling up to some stop signs or lights on hills.

So I swung by discount tire, and they had the Yokohama Iceguards in stock. Got them mounted up and on my way in about 1 hour.

Good thing too, weather turned really bad. Many streets with hills were closed by the police, tons of fender benders, people slidding into curbs, unable to make it up hills etc.

I had no problems what so ever. Didnt slide up to stop signs, no slipping on starts. Car traction is just awesome. I know this is only the first day on these tires, so my judgement is limited. But I have run tons of tires, Goodyears, Blizzaks, Alpines, etc and so far I highly recommend these tires if you or anyone else is looking.

:munch:

The Yokohama iceGuard IG10 is an excellent winter tire.

Here's what the Automobile Protection Association (APA) says:

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=97

Tires That Provide Maximum Grip in Deep Snow and on Ice:

Yokohama iceGuard IG10: Snow and ice traction almost as good as the WS50, with slightly better stability on pavement. Much less expensive than the WS50, which makes it a good value for those who do not need the slight edge that the WS50 provides in bad conditions.

Archived