LegacyGT.com

[quote name='RSPDiver']Nice for making out up at overlook point, with the AC still running...[/quote] Hahaha thats a good one! Its a new feature for me, I think its cool. Its the nice little touches. I am entertained by the smallest things...

[quote name='B4_Maniac']I just noticed..when you pull the handbreak up on the new leg..the daytime running lamps cut off. Just a neat little thing.[/quote] Thats how it is in teh WRX n00b!!!111 KEWL. I just noticed you speeled COOL rong. OMGOMG!!1

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='B4_Maniac']I just noticed..when you pull the handbreak up on the new leg..the daytime running lamps cut off. Just a neat little thing.[/quote] Thats how it is in teh WRX n00b!!!111 KEWL. I just noticed you speeled COOL rong. OMGOMG!!1[/quote] Not wrong..just diffrent :) ! Yeah, I didn't have a WRX..too "Boy racer" for me :D

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='B4_Maniac']I just noticed..when you pull the handbreak up on the new leg..the daytime running lamps cut off. Just a neat little thing.[/quote] Thats how it is in teh WRX n00b!!!111 KEWL. I just noticed you speeled COOL rong. OMGOMG!!1[/quote] Not wrong..just diffrent :) ! Yeah, I didn't have a WRX..too "Boy racer" for me :D[/quote] But yet the RX8 wasn't? :roll:

Lets pull this thread back into the realms of usefullness :idea: I believe the reason the handbrake controls the DRL's is to preserve bulb life, if they came on with the ignition then the bulbs would be getting a nasty voltage/current fluctuation when you start the car - flickering....

[quote name='Gumby']Lets pull this thread back into the realms of usefullness :idea: I believe the reason the handbrake controls the DRL's is to preserve bulb life, if they came on with the ignition then the bulbs would be getting a nasty voltage/current fluctuation when you start the car - flickering....[/quote] I agree. Its a very good idea. I don't know what the life is on the Subaru bulbs, but I had my 01 Leg for 3 years and they never blew.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Gumby']Lets pull this thread back into the realms of usefullness :idea: I believe the reason the handbrake controls the DRL's is to preserve bulb life, if they came on with the ignition then the bulbs would be getting a nasty voltage/current fluctuation when you start the car - flickering....[/quote] I agree. Its a very good idea. I don't know what the life is on the Subaru bulbs, but I had my 01 Leg for 3 years and they never blew.[/quote] Don't know about your Leg but my WRX DRL's aren't as bright as the actual headlights, this also prolongs bulb life. The Volvo V40 I had needed new bulbs every 12 months (full power DRL's and no handbrake on/off feature). :roll:

OT kinda... you might notice most Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons with a DRL out has it out on the drivers side... mine has gone out twice on that side in 4 yrs. However, the passenger side has never been replaced... hmm. I've noticed driving around that this seems to be the norm, say 5 drivers side to every 1 passenger side. No idea why.

This is my first vehicle with Day Time Running Lights. I have always driven with my lights manually turned on for improved visibility and safety. Also, I think that cars with High Power Fog Lamps just look cool when they are approaching you on the road with all the lights going (day or night). Can someone let me know what the DRL look like? Does it include the Fog Lamps? Can you turn on the Fog Lamps Only? Thanks. J.R.

Archived