LegacyGT.com

innovate LC-1 question.

RaGe

In this section, it makes mention of a LED and a push button. They way i am reading it ( and i will admitt, that right now my brain is just not functioning ) the led and push button has to be hooked up ( correct me if i am wrong ). So with those with this gauge, where did you put this stuff at?

2.1 Indicator LED and Calibration button hookup:

The LED will communicate the LC-1’s status. To monitor LC-1 status, connect the red wire

(Anode) of the included LED to the calibration wire (black) of the LC-1 and connect the black wire

(Cathode) of the LED to the ground wire of the momentary switch. The grounds to both the

cathode side of the LED and the Push button should be connected with the Heater ground.

a. Note: The included LED will fit the following hole size and panel thickness: a 5/32”

(0.155” - 0.158”) hole size and a panel thickness of 28–16gauge (0.031” - 0.062”).

b. Optionally, any 1.2V - 2.2V (1mA- 30mA) LED may be used. A typical LED has 2

wires called Anode and Cathode. The Cathode side is typically the shorter of the 2

wires or the black wire.

Pressing the push-button or connecting the black wire to ground (a three second press is

required with firmware version 1.10) starts a free air calibration process in the LC-1. MAKE SURE

THE SENSOR IS IN FREE AIR FOR THAT. See chapter 4 for details.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I just love the Innovate products !!!!

I have seen the led put in various places; usually it ends up in the garbage can when the person gets tired of the LC-1 and chooses another wideband ;)

You can put anywhere you want, you do not need to look at it all of the time.

uh oh, you dont care for the LC-1? cant tell if there is some internet sarcasim.

i was just thinking of mounting it in the actuall Dual A-pillar pod, but wanted to make sure i actually needed these two items.

OTM.

I think it is a pice of junk :) It is great for people who like mysterious wiring and worrying about if the 2 or 3 grounds are too close together or too far apart,along with the other 4 wires :lol:

You need the LED and the little button only when you are doing "free air" calibration, which takes place, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or never depending on how much you believe in voodoo.

The bottom line is that you do not need to see the LED or access the switch during normal driving.

yeah, i seen it has a bunch of wiring that has left me pretty much scratching my head.

I will have to make sure i start drinking really heavy before i start doing this.

OTM.

this is what i ended up doing. i didnt feel like fishing too many wires.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/cubby%20pod/pillarpod002.jpg

OTM.

Archived