LegacyGT.com

Odd cutout

I have a 2005 legacy GT. I am have recently installed a vf52, dw850 injectors, dw300c fp, FMS intercooler (with avo 50/50 review valve). I started the tubing process because I installed a clutch at the same time and wanted to put a few miles on before the wot data logs. The car runs 100% with 1.0 DAM all the time except when I get to 4000-4200 RPMS. The car then almost hits a wall, not fuel cut out but like its struggling to gain anymore rpm. I have checked, double checked, and replaced vacuum lines and connections. The af stays spot on as well as learning. I am at a loss. The car also will not go above 10.5 psi when the target is 19 at wot. Any help would be appreciated. I can datalog if necessary but up to this point has been of no help.

I have this same issue in my (previous owner) swapped ej20x 05 LGT, with a vf40.

side note wish the previous owner had kept the vf38 twin scroll that came with it, on it.

but i experience this exact same issue, ive tried to tune it out, to no avail, i mean ive lessened it a bit, but i cant get rid of it totaly no matter what i do, i always assumed it was due to the fact that the ej20x is a dual avcs motor, but the idiot previous owner kept the usdm ecu, and left the exhaust avcs disconnected.

I have a 2005 legacy GT. I am have recently installed a vf52, dw850 injectors, dw300c fp, FMS intercooler (with avo 50/50 review valve). I started the tubing process because I installed a clutch at the same time and wanted to put a few miles on before the wot data logs. The car runs 100% with 1.0 DAM all the time except when I get to 4000-4200 RPMS. The car then almost hits a wall, not fuel cut out but like its struggling to gain anymore rpm. I have checked, double checked, and replaced vacuum lines and connections. The af stays spot on as well as learning. I am at a loss. The car also will not go above 10.5 psi when the target is 19 at wot. Any help would be appreciated. I can datalog if necessary but up to this point has been of no help.

Who tuned your car?

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On further inspection of my similar situation, i find that it actually only does this on 3rd gear pulls, if i go through the gears properly it wont do it, only on a straight 3rd gear pull. Just wanted to see if this was the case for the OP.

Just for reference on mine, heres the "tune" lol the car came with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DA25Ocqn9cVW5ug3rsCbjcZZPwCv9pIFvpSpSvomRW4/edit?usp=sharing

Dont forget to look at the chart tabs at the bottom of the screen.

And heres the AUDM/USDM hybrid map, making way less power, and a much weaker tune, was just trying to see where the stumble was coming from.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W51_fs4wf-rmFCz8HsbtTHjZbhsMVm_nUboATuKUk5A/edit?usp=sharing

Pretty positive this is the exact same problem the OP is having, and i honestly feel its got something to do with the trans

-05 LGT ej20x vf40, cobb catback, 5eat

It's is in the process of being tuned by Bren. But I can't do any logging with it at wot because this is occurring. I change the wastegate pill last night with a 1mm just to make sure but the same thing is happening. It happens in every geat. It builds boost but just stops at WG pressure and will not pull past about 4700. I can get the car to a higher RPMS outside of boost but anytime I try to boost it, it lags and stumbles and is very rich when this happens. I have replaced the turbo inlet with a OEM new when swapping the turbo. I also swapped the wastegate line from the boost solenoid just to make sure it was okay. Wastegate duty goes to around 47% at the time this happens also. Map sensor is maxed at 23.5 also when it occurs.

your tuner should be able to help figure out whats going on based on logs, its what your paying him for ?

If you want, we can set you up with a Etune and help address any issues that we encounter. That being said, if your stopping at wastegate pressure, I'd say you have something not hooked up properly regarding your boost solenoid.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So tonight I actually got the car to rev a little higher after cleaning the BCS. The results on the log actually show that it is going lean at the higher RPM. I am in no means a pro, but can see that clear as day. I do not think I have a vacuum/boost leak as AF learning is not that high for a base map. I am thinking possibly something to do with the DW300 FP install, but am unsure as to what. Hoping someone with a little more knowledge can take a look at the log before I dive into it.

datalog2.csv

So tonight I actually got the car to rev a little higher after cleaning the BCS. The results on the log actually show that it is going lean at the higher RPM. I am in no means a pro, but can see that clear as day. I do not think I have a vacuum/boost leak as AF learning is not that high for a base map. I am thinking possibly something to do with the DW300 FP install, but am unsure as to what. Hoping someone with a little more knowledge can take a look at the log before I dive into it.

Could be a leak preturbo post maf, sucking extra air in causing it to be lean (what my car is currently doing, new turbo inlet in the mail). That or your tuner.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it was a leak wouldn't the trims be crazy all over the board not just once it starts/try's to build boost? I'm pretty sure there isn't a leak but could be wrong. Also the inlet tube was brand new with the turbo install.

So tonight I replaced my intercooler to turbo gasket as some of the PCW people have done with a 738G gasket. I once again logged it. Same issue is happening but fuel learning is different. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a way to test the boost solenoid? During the logs, they show a spike from 9.17 to 38.85, in 6 RPMS (lines 651,652). I find this unbelievable.

datalog1.csv

Archived