LegacyGT.com

Goodbye legacy, hello Mazdaspeed 6

2005legacy2.5i

Well sad but very good day, today I bought an 07 Mazdaspeed 6 with 33k and some hail damage for $14,300.

Great car two owners, good power, and a nice interior!

I am getting rid of my 2005 legacy 2.5i because it needs headgaskets, has 141k, and this is a great deal!

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4dd67-65e6-094d.jpg

I'll have a post up soon with a bunch of legacy parts for sale:)

boooooo your leaving the LGT fam... no worries I debated hard on buying a speed6 vs LGT a year ago and I actually think the speed6 would get better mpg vs the 6 from what actual owners were reporting. I thought the 6 had some type of rear diff issue to watch out for.... but all cars have some type of issue right. I want to go for a ride when you get it, maybe we can swap cars for a minute to compare (no hard lauches of course, my clutch says thanks in advance) good luck with it and no I wont buy back my oem fuel pump :)

I love the MS6. I almost bought one new in '06 but gas prices were skyrocketing and I chickened out. I should have bought it. I looked at used ones last year but the ones I saw seemed to have been owned by children and were pretty rough. Enjoy ! Very cool car !!

boooooo your leaving the LGT fam... no worries I debated hard on buying a speed6 vs LGT a year ago and I actually think the speed6 would get better mpg vs the 6 from what actual owners were reporting. I thought the 6 had some type of rear diff issue to watch out for.... but all cars have some type of issue right. I want to go for a ride when you get it, maybe we can swap cars for a minute to compare (no hard lauches of course, my clutch says thanks in advance) good luck with it and no I wont buy back my oem fuel pump :)

Sounds good to me!

So far I absolutely love thus car! Has a bit of turbo lag sub 3k rpm. The gears are short but the shifting is great, the brakes are great, haven't had a chance to take it in the twisties but will report back soon!

Hope you don't join the ZoomZoomBOOM family. Great pice. Nice color.

Exactly. Those engines will bend connecting rods with a well placed insult.

I looked at the MS6, but quickly found out that it was nothing more than a pretend performance car.

Best advice? Leave it stock.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Exactly. Those engines will bend connecting rods with a well placed insult.

I looked at the MS6, but quickly found out that it was nothing more than a pretend performance car.

Best advice? Leave it stock.

Thanks for your advice. I won't miss you and your hateful remarks.

Like an outback is a performance car? Sure it has some go but also has shitty brakes and suspension.

Never mind the haters! My brother has an 06 and has had no problems with his. It is completely stock, but coming from the NA the speed should feel quite powerful. The Interrrior is quite nice, especially compared to my non limited GT. The only thing to get used to is the clutch, but sweet ride. Enjoy!

Good luck to you with that. :lol:

:lol: thanks button.

Noobs.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Never mind the haters! My brother has an 06 and has had no problems with his. It is completely stock, but coming from the NA the speed should feel quite powerful. The Interrrior is quite nice, especially compared to my non limited GT. The only thing to get used to is the clutch, but sweet ride. Enjoy!

You just confirmed BAC's "best advice", leave it stock.

Step 1: http://cmzc.net/ Awesome guys over on Colorado Mazda Club. I still check the forums all the time because everyone was always really nice and helpful. (I had a 6i before my Legacy).

Step 2: Rear differential mounts. This comes from other Speed owners. The stock ones suck and many people suggest replacing both, to the tune of about $500 (StreetUnit is about to become your best friend when it comes to Speed parts).

Step 3: http://6crew.com/ The better of the two main Mazda 6 websites imo.

Step 4: Accessport? There are some decent OTS tunes from Cobb that are definitely better than the stock tune.

Step 5: Big ass turbo. I know someone from cmzc that's already running a stage 2 speed (I REALLY wanna drive his car, lol. he said he would let me next time we both head out to a meet) and he's planning on doing a big turbo upgrade soon I believe.

Just my thoughts. I haven't owned a Speed, but that's what I would call some general advice for Speed6 ownership. (Diff mounts are definitely a must, one cmzc member had their rear tires slip on ice and then catch pretty quickly on asphalt and sheared a couple bolts).

Step 1: http://cmzc.net/ Awesome guys over on Colorado Mazda Club. I still check the forums all the time because everyone was always really nice and helpful. (I had a 6i before my Legacy).

Step 2: Rear differential mounts. This comes from other Speed owners. The stock ones suck and many people suggest replacing both, to the tune of about $500 (StreetUnit is about to become your best friend when it comes to Speed parts).

Step 3: http://6crew.com/ The better of the two main Mazda 6 websites imo.

Step 4: Accessport? There are some decent OTS tunes from Cobb that are definitely better than the stock tune.

Step 5: Big ass turbo. I know someone from cmzc that's already running a stage 2 speed (I REALLY wanna drive his car, lol. he said he would let me next time we both head out to a meet) and he's planning on doing a big turbo upgrade soon I believe.

Just my thoughts. I haven't owned a Speed, but that's what I would call some general advice for Speed6 ownership. (Diff mounts are definitely a must, one cmzc member had their rear tires slip on ice and then catch pretty quickly on asphalt and sheared a couple bolts).

Thank you! I have been reading that the diff mounts are a must for the speed6, that will probably be my first mod to it.

My previous car was a 'Speed 6 and there's a pretty good group of guys down here in Albuquerque with them, including my friend Dustin who's one of the best tuners there is on the DISI MZR platform. We've got several 400+ and a few 500+ whp cars running around town, including his built MS6, but most most of those are stock internal motors, so it's certainly a stout motor. Don't lug it or go WOT at high load, low RPM, or it can go boom.

As for handling, I was quite impressed with it. Certainly much better than my LGT wagon, although not as good as my 240SX, both with full suspension mods. There's a great video of the MS6 on Top Gear that you should check out.

My previous car was a 'Speed 6 and there's a pretty good group of guys down here in Albuquerque with them, including my friend Dustin who's one of the best tuners there is on the DISI MZR platform. We've got several 400+ and a few 500+ whp cars running around town, including his built MS6, but most most of those are stock internal motors, so it's certainly a stout motor. Don't lug it or go WOT at high load, low RPM, or it can go boom.

As for handling, I was quite impressed with it. Certainly much better than my LGT wagon, although not as good as my 240SX, both with full suspension mods. There's a great video of the MS6 on Top Gear that you should check out.

I agree on the motors being good for high HP. I do believe the stock clutch can handle HP #s into the 400s along with the internals. Obviously there's going to be more risk involved if you leave the internals stock and go for high HP numbers instead of getting better internals, but it's possible. IIRC there was one guy that did a big turbo Speed3 build on CMZC that was making 400+whp on stock internals. 99% sure he was on stock internals and clutch, but not 100% sure. Either way, the platform is pretty good for power, but again there are those common problems that can be avoided with some preventative maintenance.

Great find man! I had a Speed 3 before getting the legacy and the Mazda has been my favorite car to date. I know my 3 got waay better MPG than the Legacy does currently. Look out for turbo troubles...especially if you decide to add a downpipe. As the Speed 3's (Especially the 07's) were famous for bad turbos... and bad engine mounts. I personally never had 1 problem with the car... till around 70k miles when I traded it in... and thats when the Turbo was about to go and 1 of the pulleys was grinding. Mazda speedforums.org is a pretty good forum to I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived