LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

Hoping I could get some help from someone on here about the Anzo's... just installed a pair on my 2011 Legacy. They look amazing, and do have great build quality. But I for the life of me can't figure out how to get the U bars to lite up as DRLs. When my car has the DRLs on it's just the hi-beams at a reduced voltage like usual. The U bars come on only when the low beams ore on. Am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cool::confused: Can the electrical connections be in reversed, I would think it's possible but ????

I don't think so... the connector only fits one way. It's odd because everything works, so I would think the connections are ok. And both the lights do the same thing. I hope they didn't change them recently to not be DRLs.

So to confirm, with the others who have installed their anzos, there is just one connection to make to them and thats it, correct? I contacted the place I go them from and they just said in an email "there should be a wire to do this". Obviously no help.

Does anyone have a picture of the cut off of the anzo headlights with HID's? Curious on how good the HID projectors are in them.

I'm thinking about buying these from the site. 450 seems like a good price.

Do we need to purchase the "warning canceler" with these?

I will try to get some pictures up soon but the cutoff is great...especially compared stock. It seems a bit low but because when I was driving around winding roads I barely saw anything when going say down a valley because the cutoff prevented me from see whats up the oncoming hill. I guess that can be adjusted but then again I never had HID's before so for me its a huge difference. The warning canceler is essentially a capacitor that is supposed to prevent flickering (Yes, buy it) which seems to be faulty in my right headlight.

Ok here we are, some iphone shots. To the HID pros, please tell me what you think. These are supposed to be the 6k HID's (which said 12k on the box~called and said that they sometimes just use the wrong box...idk how i feel about that). Either way the color is almost teal and im not sure how I feel about it. Im certain better ballasts will make a world of a difference but as for now I am trying to fix the flickering problem.

784679648_2015-05-0220_54_04.thumb.jpg.cadae06fa45b5ae9be5c1da9cfd27ade.jpg

281272967_2015-05-0220_51_21.thumb.jpg.27867f60a021a76d90d9a87a7aec1cb8.jpg

1536679706_2015-05-0220_52_07.thumb.jpg.3b6aefac6652dc8dbc5da493c125ef0c.jpg

Cut off and brightness looks great. You should have went with 4300k though to get the best possible light output. Just need to bring the alignment up a bit and they'll be good. Whats your flickering problem?

Does anyone have any idea what HID projectors are inside of these? Curious to know. (just wanna make sure they arent regular halogen projectors as well. That would be annoying to pay for these and find that out)