LegacyGT.com

3.6R road trip and fuel economy

Yeah, I used to get around this but after my XRT tune, I top out around 24-25 highway. I've actually had Ed reel my tuning back a bit for better mileage since my commute is super short with a lot of stops and starts. I was getting like 14-16 city before the adjustment. But after the adjustment, I'm routinely getting 17-19 which is far more manageable, and the highway is still pretty decent.

lucky! after headers and tuning, I get 22-23 mpg around 80mph. brutal. I won't even tell you what the city is...

bet ya a dollar that I get waaaay more smiles per gallon you do though! heyoh!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LOL I bet you do.. haha

Wow, I did know the tune cost that much mileage. I took a roadtrip last week in the GT and got about 26.3 average. Of course, it would have been better if it wasn't through the Ozark mountains. :)

Also keep in mind I'm on bigger, heavier wheels than stock ones, so I'm sacrificing some mileage there as well (19x8.5 compared to 17x7.) with grippy tires too. The 3.6 is only rated for 18 city stock, so I'm getting about what should be expected for my type of commuting.

Did not realize the tune brings down the mileage that much... I have 30 mile commute in traffic, mix of back roads and highway... avg mpg is around 23.8-24.2 depending how much traffic.
tuning itself increases mileage slightly. it's the raptor headers and full exhaust that decrease it. more exhaust out/air in = more fuel burned.

Also keep in mind I'm on bigger, heavier wheels than stock ones, so I'm sacrificing some mileage there as well (19x8.5 compared to 17x7.) with grippy tires too. The 3.6 is only rated for 18 city stock, so I'm getting about what should be expected for my type of commuting.

tuning itself increases mileage slightly. it's the raptor headers and full exhaust that decrease it. more exhaust out/air in = more fuel burned.

I have not noticed much of a difference with my 19s vs stockers.. I did swap the 19s out before the trip for a more comfortable ride. So I dont know if they would have made a difference on the trip. however so far on my normal commute difference is negligible.

Since I have done Intake and Cat Back MPGs have gone up over stock... How would the tune do with just those, no headers...?

A more free flowing exhaust should help mileage. Anything to enhance the ease of through put will increase mileage if the stock equipment is restrictive. Driving style, weather conditions, state of tune, traffic, weight, oil viscosity, topography all effect economy.

Archived