LegacyGT.com

Best pricing for Spec B Pink springs?

ible

I made the same mistake, although it was via GTWorx's recommendation. However, they believed it was a good match at the time. Only after driving on the for a period of time and only after finding certain types of bumps and dips did I/we/they realize the specB pinks don't match well with the USDM specB Bilsteins.

I like the pinks, so I'm now awaiting a set of JDM specB Rev.C Bilsteins. (Thanks to unclemat for helping!). I'm hoping that will end my search.

• 3 weeks later...
Now I am confused. Any concensus as to what pinks to use for the 2007 Spec.B? Still the JDM GTs?

Yes. The reasoning is that the USDM SpecB shocks/struts are most similar to the JDM GT shocks/struts. The JDM SpecB shocks/struts are firmer and require stiffer springs.

ignore him, he'll go away.

but his question/clarification is about if the '07 USDM Spec.B still uses the same Bilstein setup as the '06 USDM Spec.B? said another way, if you owned a new '07 USDM Spec.B - should you get the JDM GT pinks?

It was my understanding that only the spring part numbers changed between the 06/07 SpecB's and that the shocks/struts remained the same. However, while attempting to find a post to back this up, I couldn't come up with anything.

So, ible, I would post in the part numbers thread in the Turbo Powertrain's forum ( http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7871 ) and see if Opie can verify whether or not the shocks/struts are the same part numbers for both the 06 and 07 SpecB's. If they are identical, JDM GT Pinks FTW!

ignore him, he'll go away.

but his question/clarification is about if the '07 USDM Spec.B still uses the same Bilstein setup as the '06 USDM Spec.B? said another way, if you owned a new '07 USDM Spec.B - should you get the JDM GT pinks?

Same struts/shocks on 2006/2007 USDM SpecB. Same as on JDM GT Rev. C.

So, yes GT Pinks are the closest match... HOWEVER - I recently learned that Pinks have the same rates regardless whether GT or SpecB. The differences are in LENGTHS to compesate for difference in weights between GT and SpecB - primarily differencs in the transmission (6MT vs 5MT; also note different Pinks for AT). So in theory SpecB Pinks would be correct match for 2007 USDM, while GT Pinks for 2007 USDM.

BUT - I would still recommend JDM GT Pinks for more drop in front - won't hurt anything, but rather improve the drop visually - our cars look like they sag in rear, especially when dropped.

Case in point - I run JDM SpecB Bilsteins with SpecB Pinks - the gap in front is bigger that it should be/I'd like it to be.

Anyway, bottom line is we're talking about few mm differences, so that does not matter that much. Rears are important - wagon vs. sedan. In fact I recommend getting wagon rear Pinks for sedans as anti-sag measure.

Last but not least, our cars weights are different vs. JDM due to different engines - 2.5L with cast iron manifolds vs. 2.0L with tubular steel headers. So in theory none of the Pinks are "perfect". In practice, it does not matter.

OK...since nothing is a "perfect match", maybe I'll just get Swift springs. Lol. :)

Which are as perfect match as Pinks... :icon_wink

Pinks work great on Bilsteins in our cars. Highly recommended.

Same struts/shocks on 2006/2007 USDM SpecB. Same as on JDM GT Rev. C.

So, yes GT Pinks are the closest match... HOWEVER - I recently learned that Pinks have the same rates regardless whether GT or SpecB. The differences are in LENGTHS to compesate for difference in weights between GT and SpecB - primarily differencs in the transmission (6MT vs 5MT; also note different Pinks for AT). So in theory SpecB Pinks would be correct match for 2007 USDM, while GT Pinks for 2007 USDM.

BUT - I would still recommend JDM GT Pinks for more drop in front - won't hurt anything, but rather improve the drop visually - our cars look like they sag in rear, especially when dropped.

Case in point - I run JDM SpecB Bilsteins with SpecB Pinks - the gap in front is bigger that it should be/I'd like it to be.

Anyway, bottom line is we're talking about few mm differences, so that does not matter that much. Rears are important - wagon vs. sedan. In fact I recommend getting wagon rear Pinks for sedans as anti-sag measure.

Last but not least, our cars weights are different vs. JDM due to different engines - 2.5L with cast iron manifolds vs. 2.0L with tubular steel headers. So in theory none of the Pinks are "perfect". In practice, it does not matter.

Great info Unclemat. You are the OEM LGT suspension guru. I ordered Spec B pinks for the struts you sold me and I think I'm glad I did. I don't want much drop around here.

I bought my springs from Rallispec.

Got them today. $405 shipped from Japan in 3 1/2 weeks. Getting installed on Tuesday along with my Cobb sway bar reinforcement brackets and AVO endlinks. I aready have the Whiteline f/r swaybars mounted.

Archived