LegacyGT.com

5eat or 5mt

ericpay

I'm about to buy a 2005 Legacy gt and I'm wondering which of the two transmission type is the best or the most reliable? I'm a tuner at heart and the fact that electronics is doing the job on the 5eat is stopping me from buying one of those, which BTW are more numerous on the market than 5mt!

Opinions please??

Go with the 5MT, I am not happy with my 5EAT. As for which is more numerous it depends where you live, take a moment to fill out your profile.

I am in Oregon and when I was looking could not find a manual so i bought an auto and regret it. Who knows though, maybe this week will be all manuals for sale, no way to tell.

I have the 5EAT and I love it! ==> but I have arthritis in my right thumb and wrist so I had to sell MY02WRX as I was having trouble with all the shifting when in stop and go traffic in the city.

Lloyd M. 2006 GRP LGT 5EAT Sedan [For Sale]

If I had the choice I would get the 5MT any day. I bought my 05 LGT at a dealer auction, so I went with the best deal I could find which was the 5EAT. Can't say I dislike it...but doesn't compare to a manual IMO.

Archived