LegacyGT.com

Front jack location

Nope, doesn't need to be. I just put my jack right under that bolt and lifted up (I had my car on ramps first to be able to get the jack that far under the car, jacked it up, swapped ramps for jack stands).

I put a little dimple in the plastic, but it didn't break, or deform any area but right to the sides of the bolt. It would've been a huge pain to take that cover off, from what I saw. And now, I'll know exactly where to put the jack next time (though, the little dimple that is there will probably pop back out with all the engine heat above it).

After having lifted the car maybe 20 or so times eventually part of the tray gets worn or crushed/bent/whatever. I now use a couple of pieces of 10x2 timber to get the front wheels off the ground, to give enough clearance to get under there and remove the tray before I put the jack under.

Nope, doesn't need to be. I just put my jack right under that bolt and lifted up (I had my car on ramps first to be able to get the jack that far under the car, jacked it up, swapped ramps for jack stands).

I put a little dimple in the plastic, but it didn't break, or deform any area but right to the sides of the bolt. It would've been a huge pain to take that cover off, from what I saw. And now, I'll know exactly where to put the jack next time (though, the little dimple that is there will probably pop back out with all the engine heat above it).

It's actually not that bad. I think there's a DIY somewhere around here that includes how to take the cover off. It's definitely very easy to take off. Somewhere along the lines of 4 popits and 3 bolts. I may be wrong about the exact numbers, but it's somewhere close to that.

Oh, now I remember. Search for a coolant change DIY.

so is this different than if you were to jack the car for changing a tire? i just swapped out my wheels and there were 4 jack points, one near each wheel...

If you jack from the "jacking points" discussed here, then you have the "jackstand points" free to place your jackstands. It gets pretty congested when you jack from the side and try to get a jackstand in place.

I always used the rear diff to jack the rear up, but I could never get my jack under the front so I used one of the lower control arm mounts to jack up each side, so much work. Guess I'll have to use ramps then a jack to change out my front tires now. Sucks I'm about to the lower the car so I might have to take my bumper off to get onto ramps.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I always used the rear diff to jack the rear up, but I could never get my jack under the front so I used one of the lower control arm mounts to jack up each side, so much work. Guess I'll have to use ramps then a jack to change out my front tires now. Sucks I'm about to the lower the car so I might have to take my bumper off to get onto ramps.

You can sometimes drive on pieces of wood to get up on the ramps depending on how low you are.

get a low profile jack... usually they only need like 3 inches...

I can barely get my jack to the jacking point on the front of my car, and it's stock height. You have to go so deep under the car that the entire jack must be super low profile, not just the saddle height.

i think i am too low for ramps. i'm lowered, and have a front lip installed. my front lip is pretty damn close to the ground.

Get a couple of 10x2 timber sleepers. Put one under each front wheel and drive up onto them. Instant car-lifto now you can get your jack under :)

I can barely get my jack to the jacking point on the front of my car, and it's stock height. You have to go so deep under the car that the entire jack must be super low profile, not just the saddle height.

Maybe it's your driveway not being flat and/or level. When mine was stock height and no lip the jack went under easily. Now I am lowered *and* with a lip and I just need the small boost from the timber to get my jack under. Granted, mine is a low profile jack although the body gets steep pretty quickly about halfway along it's length:

20066.jpeg

Archived