LegacyGT.com

FreadBeans Bilstein Suspension Kit

tossty

I have been looking for reviews at this forum regarding this kit ( http://www.fredbeansparts.com/bilstein-subaru-legacy-gt-suspension-conversion-kit.html )from FreadBeans. For the money and the manufacture looks like a great kit. Nothing so far I have found that shed light on this. Looking to buy that for my Legacy GT 2008 and get rid of the ISC Coilovers, my goal is a better ride as where I live now the roads are not perfect from where I used to live. Another concern on this is the rear height, from I been reading here looking for information about kit, what springs should I use to keep the car balance on the front and rear. Any inputs and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

You are going to get the best ride quality from stock springs coupled with a good set of shocks like Konis or Bilsteins. However if you can't tolerate having the car at stock ride height, then you can pair the Konis with a mild lowering spring like the H&R, or the Bilsteins with a set of JDM pinks, and still end up with a better ride than ISCs.

I am running a combo sale on Konis shocks, H&R springs, and Whiteline front upper mounts, and can provide all the other OEM hardware necessary for the job. I can even provide them preassembled if you need.

I can also supply the Bilstein conversion kit if you decide to go that route. :)

Nothing wrong with the Konis, just remember that you need a set of LGT struts for the front to stick the shock tube into.

Bilsteins and pinks are also good, but if your roads are crappy... well let's just say they're still very communicative. They're on the harsher side of comfortable.

Archived