LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket CD Player Mounting Kit

slamkad

That kit is for manual climate controls only.

Most of us are "blessed" with the automatic climate controls, and cannot use that kit.

Automatic climate controls are in almost all LGTs and all limited trim 2.5i's.

I've seen pics on this board of that kit installed, and it looked decent. So if you've got manual climate controls, go for it. Otherwise, check the sticky thread at the top, and it will talk about things like JL Cleansweep/Alpine PXE-H650/Rockford 3sixty.2.

Have fun!

EDIT: axis008 beat me to it

• 3 weeks later...
the one available from crutchfield is from metra, scosche also makes a faceplate which can do a double din unit or a single din. Check out my install thread for pictures.

scosche???? WTF is that??? I have never heard of this kit before! Finally someone made a double din kit? the metra one to me looks like garbage. I would love to see pictures of the double din though!

supermoose.....that install is insane! i dont think that i would go that far right now but i totally want to put a double din in. did the new piece come painted and if so how is the color match of the replacement piece compaired to the shifter bezel? were you able to use your stock radio brackets? what is the size of the double din so that i can make sure that i get a screen the right size.

The new piece was color matched to the bezel almost perfectly, I can't tell a difference between the two and nor has anyone else who has looked at it. The stock radio brackets were still usable. Double din is a standard size just like single din so any double din unit will work. Let me know if I can answer anymore of your questions.

It makes me want to junk my whole dual climate control/ stereo combo, grab this kit with the single climate control unit and call it a day.

Is it even possible? :confused:

nope......i am 99.9% sure that a manual climate control legacy cant go to auto climate control and vise versa! It would be cool though. I was very disapointed when i saw the crappy single din metra kit like a year ago but i am very happy to see that there is finally a double din for the manual climate control peps.

BTW...i think that now there is a double din kit for the legacy's with auto climate control.

The metra faceplate isnt crappy, at least the one I got from cruthfield. It seemed decent, I just returned it after gambling on the double din being color matched. Funny thing is I called scosche and they said it was black...but its not so.

Yeah, right ... that's why there's several multiple-hundred post

threads discussing possible ways of dealing with this ...

i have seen all the threads talking about developing one for the states from the jdm one and then i saw someone that had a double din that actually fit with the hazard button on the right side but i have only seen one picture of it so i didnt know if it was the actual kit that was made or a custom piece! But thank you for pointing that out!;)

i have seen all the threads talking about developing one for the states from the jdm one and then i saw someone that had a double din that actually fit with the hazard button on the right side but i have only seen one picture of it so i didnt know if it was the actual kit that was made or a custom piece! But thank you for pointing that out!;)

Sorry, after having slogged through all these threads, hoping for some

kind of solution, seeing some promised but never delivered, it's a bit

of a sore point !

• 3 weeks later...
I got the mounting kit and installed it. Looks great, matches perfectly and fits great. I installed the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD and would recommend the mounting kit and radio to anyone who is looking into those products. I also went with the crutchfield wiring harness and antenna adapter.

I got the mounting kit and installed it. Looks great, matches perfectly and fits great. I installed the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD and would recommend the mounting kit and radio to anyone who is looking into those products. I also went with the crutchfield wiring harness and antenna adapter.

Dude, you need to add your car to your profile, so we'll know what

sort of car this worked for. Maybe you mentioned it before, but not

in this post. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived