LegacyGT.com

The key fob is waterproof!!!

Ok, either it is waterproof or I am damn lucky. One night this past weekend (while on still on vacation) we went down to the pool after drinking some cocktails. I jumped in the pool with about $40 dollars in cash and my keys. I wasn't concerned about the cash, that will obviously dry. Now mind you, I was swimming for a good 5 mins or so before realizing that my keys were in my bathing suit pocket. I jumped out, went over to the fence and my car unlocked, locked again, and is still working fine till this day....whooohooo :D

Lucky you!

They are somewhat water resistant, but I would hesitate to call them waterproof. It is not my experience, but I was in the dealer one day when I guy walked in with a story about washing his key.

It loooked very clean ;) But that didn't help much, coz it also killed his immobiliser so he literally walked all the way in...

Guest *Jedimaster*
I did that and mine still worked, but wasn't as sensitive. I looked inside and the springs were a little rusty. Also, it squirted bubbles when I pressed the buttons.

Archived