LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

The rhb52 exhaust housing is slightly larger than a wrx td05l. The td05h is what comes on an 06 wrx with a 2.5. I have two, one with each liberty rs motor. It does not have a 90°, just a inlet to clamp onto.

I'm holding off on my green turbo upgrade for a couple months, an AR-10 rifle has recently taken priority.

Edited by USLiberty

BCMAXX - Do you have anymore (detailed) pictures of your engine bay? If not can you put like 50 up here? lol That is so clean and nice man!! Also shoot usliberty, any old turbo's for sale? heh. It looks like i already overpayed on an ebay one i found used for $115, was going to rebuild. Meh then i found one in a junkyard in my state for $30 ... shoot. I still have all stock ej22t stuff so who knows how much these stock heads will handle. Im sure if i do a valve grind and what not this stock setup could be usable for 250bhp+. Building a sex motor on a stand with a spare ej22t block would be a lot more fun than trying to improve the stock setup; but i guess keeping my 90 Leg on the road is important too. I just need a deece more or less drop in turbo if anyones selling one for cheap? Hopefully i lose this ebay one i bid on! heh later days.. ps whats it mean when your a jr member? Edited by Abeall2

BCMAXX - Do you have anymore (detailed) pictures of your engine bay? If not can you put like 50 up here? lol That is so clean and nice man!! Also shoot usliberty, any old turbo's for sale? heh. It looks like i already overpayed on an ebay one i found used for $115, was going to rebuild. Meh then i found one in a junkyard in my state for $30 ... shoot. I still have all stock ej22t stuff so who knows how much these stock heads will handle. Im sure if i do a valve grind and what not this stock setup could be usable for 250bhp+. Building a sex motor on a stand with a spare ej22t block would be a lot more fun than trying to improve the stock setup; but i guess keeping my 90 Leg on the road is important too. I just need a deece more or less drop in turbo if anyones selling one for cheap? Hopefully i lose this ebay one i bid on! heh later days.. ps whats it mean when your a jr member?

Hi. I have lots of pics on the build and swap. Ill post a few more when i get to a computer or just link my photobucket. Keep in mind there will be differences as this is a non turbo car. My spare im hanging on too. Td04s are a hunfred dollar item max around here. Vf39 wAs 850$ nnd from the dealer

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/bcmaxx/20150228_131434_zps686c271e.jpg

Its still messy to me. I need to redo the short intake piece with the inlets at proper angle. It will help tidy up all the oil catch lines to all 3 tanks

Ya, I suppose it is a tad messy, I have an SS Swap as well. Mine is a 1990 so.. heh. But as far as messy builds go it is C-L-E-A-N X^D It is hard to tell what all is going on there even though you took some decent pictures. Making the hoses clean on these motors is a real pain. My vacuum setup is practically stock except i snuck a catch can in, between by combining all the valve cover hoses into one, and then combining two of the vacuums for the valve covers into one as well. I don't really like my setup yet though and I'm not even sure if it's safe to run this way. The charcoal canister you have is like mine and I'm not sure what to do there as the other vacuum diagrams show it being hooked upto things. I see you have a different maf, and I assume you must be running a robtune? I know everyone keeps saying jecs maf, my problem is I have no idea which Jecs maf ppl are talking about. I google it and find several part numbers, do you know of a website or have a link or which vehicle it comes off of? Does it plug directly into the stock connector for sure? And it can't run off the stock ecu im sure? Alrighty thanks in advance bro. I know a tune is needed for bigger injectors monkeyposeur because that way you can take advantage of the new resistance in injectors. Edited by Abeall2

Bcmmaxx, how are you getting the stock ecu to handle the vf39? What injectors are you using and are you using a rrfpr? Looks great!!!

93 stock ecu. Stock everything else. 98 2.5 dohc injectors. Holley supercharger fmu with bleed port going to an adjustment valve. In boost im at 10.8 to 11.1 . Off boost is stock and runs and idles perfectly. Im running aem water meth kit with 500cc nozzle beginning at 4 psi. No pinging or knocking. Runs strong

Ya, I suppose it is a tad messy, I have an SS Swap as well. Mine is a 1990 so.. heh. But as far as messy builds go it is C-L-E-A-N X^D It is hard to tell what all is going on there even though you took some decent pictures. Making the hoses clean on these motors is a real pain. My vacuum setup is practically stock except i snuck a catch can in, between by combining all the valve cover hoses into one, and then combining two of the vacuums for the valve covers into one as well. I don't really like my setup yet though and I'm not even sure if it's safe to run this way. The charcoal canister you have is like mine and I'm not sure what to do there as the other vacuum diagrams show it being hooked upto things. I see you have a different maf, and I assume you must be running a robtune? I know everyone keeps saying jecs maf, my problem is I have no idea which Jecs maf ppl are talking about. I google it and find several part numbers, do you know of a website or have a link or which vehicle it comes off of? Does it plug directly into the stock connector for sure? And it can't run off the stock ecu im sure? Alrighty thanks in advance bro. I know a tune is needed for bigger injectors monkeyposeur because that way you can take advantage of the new resistance in injectors.

very hard to keep it tidy. I have three catch cans. So all bases covered. Stock maf. Same ftom 93-99 most models. No ecu tune at all. Fmu :)

Going to get some coilovers next Tues. Nothing special raceland ultimos for 300$. Nothing spectacular but will be more fun at autoX this summer that's for sure with some sticky tires I bet I'll trounce the stis now.... Sadly with stock wheels-all seasosn I was only 1.2 -2secs behind last year. Probably because some were over aggressive driving.

So now ill Low in the summer and lift in the winter, how convenient :)

s2, check out my anti-slosh fuel tank mod thread, it should come in handy for autox so you can run low fuel level (weight) to make for some faster times.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anti-slosh-fuel-tank-mod-237504.html

Edited by GTEASER

Going to get some coilovers next Tues. Nothing special raceland ultimos for 300$. Nothing spectacular but will be more fun at autoX this summer that's for sure with some sticky tires I bet I'll trounce the stis now.... Sadly with stock wheels-all seasosn I was only 1.2 -2secs behind last year. Probably because some were over aggressive driving.

So now ill Low in the summer and lift in the winter, how convenient :)

I actually need a set of super cheap coils, mind sharing a link? <3

Diagnosed the hesitation issue. Fuel pressure was only holding at 25-30 when typically should be 43.5ish or near that. Solo new fuel pump is on order along with a new regulator while at it. Also took a water mister around the electrical parts and found a miss on the coil pack so new one of those are going to be replaced too. Shell be running like a champ again soon.POWAAA!!!

Not sure if slotted is standard, mine aren't. They feel great after seating in, eyeballs are experiencing extra G-forces now. After cleaning up the rotors I didn't need to turn them as they had very few miles on them.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/bcmaxx/20150228_131406_zpsd3a21600.jpg

This is nice! can you include what size of silicone fittings/adapters you used for the I intake? I have a friend who would like to know.

I had legacy SS brakes with stainless hoses, still have the SS rear calipers. I really notice a difference in feel and stopping power. I didnt want to really stomp on it as there was a heavy ammo box in the rear, I feel like i can lock them up under 50mph. although I had AutoZone pads on the front, I've had ebc green pads before and they're a big difference alone. I noticed my cheap SS rotors had surface cracks, probably from me keeping up with someone with brembos. I will probably keep an eye out for a set of 2pot rears, I imagine they are not in too good of shape either after my abuse. I would bet some good rotors and pads would be close to the stopping power but not have the feel or feedback.

This is nice! can you include what size of silicone fittings/adapters you used for the I intake? I have a friend who would like to know.

Ill have to double check . I belive turbo to intercooler elbow was 2" id. Intake tube to turbo was 3" to 2.25 inch

Sitting at a stop light on the way home from work yesterday...guy casually looks over, sees hood scoop, double takes on hood scoop, and then rolls down his window...

Guy: Is that thing boosted?

Me: Yep, 1992 Legacy Turbo.....its rare

Guy: Woah! Wow! I never see those...uh, didn't even really know they made them...NICE!

Me: Thanks man...it's fun.

Edited by GTEASER