LegacyGT.com

Hybrid CAI+OBX EL Header+2.25" Cat back= ?? Horsepower

What kind of power, torque and driveability is a proper Hybrid Intake and Exhaust going to get me?

I am estimating about $1000 is parts and muffler shop work to get it all done nicely.

From the voices of experience here in the forum, is this money well spent?

Suspension and all else on my '97 Wagon GT is in great shape. It is a automatic though.

TIA,

G.

searching for power on these n/a motors is more money than its worth.. save for a swap

all of that i'd guess at like 130hp to the wheels..

nothing wrong with exhaust and intake, you'll get a bit better gas milage and make it more fun to drive, i highly doubt it'll cost more than $400 for a full exhaust and intake... $1k is nuts

I run a frankenmotor in my car with an EL header, cams, Hybrid intake, 2.25 catless catback, K&N filter. Car is .... quick for an AWD N/A subaru. But not fast. WIth my suspension setup currently the car handles great through corners and has about the perfect does of power.

I figure I am making 125-130whp....Not a lot.

About $350 to my door for the OBX EL header. Muffler shop qouted me "around 400" for the cat/bung/resonator/quality large and quiet performance muffler in 2.25".

I am still trying to track down a source for budget CAI.

The Speedy Racer UEL header is much cheaper, but if I am going to do it, it should be done right. I do want performance/driveability upgrade (sorry for saying this) I do not want loud boxer fartcan noise.

From the searches, the EL header looks like what I want.

Nobody wants fartcan noise, a good exhaust and the hybrid intake will make it throaty and rumbly. To tell you the truth the hybrid intakes are cool and everything but not performance enhancing, I bought a weapon r intake a couple years ago (wasn't $200) the look and sound are cool but not cracked up to be a miracle hp maker.

The hybrid intake/exhaust combo will open up some bhp/tq (maybe 10-12 at the most) but more importantly, it will straighten out the powerband & make the car more responsve, which is honestly better than having a chunk of power in one spot.

^true that, the difference is in the upper rpms with the hybrid style intake as far as I have noticed tq/response.

I recently thought about opening my throttle body up a couple millimeters and doing a slight polish job on it to see if it can compliment the lower Rpms a little more with that style of intake. I also have heard about treating the "butterfly" and polishing that up a bit since it has a bronze coating on it.

Correct, 95-96 is the tube you want. I would put a k+n or volant panel filter in place of the paper filter that is already in the airbox.

Archived