LegacyGT.com

how many people are having serious issues at 100k miles and above

I am curious how many people have nearly 100k or 100k++ and are haveing serious issues. In the past two months i have blown a turbo and now i have a constant misfire on cylinder 2 its at the dealer today getting checked out. Who else is having serious problems?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just passed 100,000... but I'm already saving up for a new tranny and also a few engine parts, such as the turbo..

What transmission do you have? Manual shouldn't have any issues unless you burned the clutch, auto tranny's only last so long

Update, The dealer just called MY CAR IS DEAD VERY DEAD, the pulleys are shot the ac compressor took a hit when my belts flew off. Engine wise i need a short block i need to shave my heads and might need cams. total mileage on car is 103,700. I wish you all the best of luck with these cars. This is the last subaru i ever buy.

This thread has reminded me to check my oil level today.

Stage 2 running hard daily for 6 years and issue free- like 95% of the other 40,000 members here.

Sorry that you had troubles with your car, OP.

Cars can go for hundreds of thousands of miles, like said earlier.. all depends on how you maintain the car. And also food for thought.. everything eventually will fail, but if you replace it before it fails or right after it fails instead of putting it off, you'll save time and money.. otherwise things start going BOOM.

Sounds like you took the risk on a used high mileage LGT and it didn't pan out so well. That really stinks but unfortunately, any car will start having major issues at or around 100k if it wasn't properly maintained or was driven hard during its lifetime. The only person you can fault at this point might be the previous owner(s), not the automaker.

Sounds like you took the risk on a used high mileage LGT and it didn't pan out so well. That really stinks but unfortunately, any car will start having major issues at or around 100k if it wasn't properly maintained or was driven hard during its lifetime. The only person you can fault at this point might be the previous owner(s), not the automaker.

Driving it hard as nothing to do with it. What more important is maintaining it for how it driven.

Over 155k, driven hard from day one. Cobb stage 1, 93 Oct. Max boost 16.2PSI Original Motor & Turbo still kicking strong.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Driving it hard as nothing to do with it. What more important is maintaining it for how it driven.

Over 155k, driven hard from day one. Cobb stage 1, 93 Oct. Max boost 16.2PSI Original Motor & Turbo still kicking strong.

Mike

That's what I like to hear. Currently 85k (Stage 2 for the last 20k) on original turbo and intercooler with about 16.5 PSI when I run a 93oct map. I really haven't driven mine very hard at all. Only a handful of hard 0-60 pulls and besides that very rarely do I go WOT. And I was beginning to worry slightly about my turbo getting ready to go kaboom at 85k. You gave me hope that it may hold out for a little longer.

my turbo took a dump at 70k.....no biggy.... a turbo is like a clutch it'll go it’s just a matter of time.....for the new guy posting, sorry to hear it dude ....but sounds like either you or previous owner didn't take care of the car

At 102k miles.

The only issue my wife has encountered on her 05 LGT 5mt wagon is a seized front caliper. Also the wheel bearings on rear failed but covered under warranty.

We change the oil every 3-4k with dino and do the 30k service's, that is it.

Mike

Like Mike, I too am high mileage. I'm at 163k with no major issues.

turbo swapped out around 100k, new radiator, new clutch are the majors I believe. I'm aiming for another 200k.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

This is the last subaru i ever buy.

I feel ya! my 05 has 79k on it, and its under the knife. a friend bought it with 71k on it, and a blown turbo. he replaced the turbo and I bought it at roughly 75k. 4k later it spun a rod bearing. upon disassembly, every bearing was down to copper, the crank was trash, 3 pistons had broken ringlands, and turbo #2 was junk. I'm rebuilding it, along with some mods, but I plan on selling it within 50k. I've driven hondas for 21 years, and never had a failure anywhere close to this. I can't say all subarus are like mine, but I'd be hard pressed to buy another one.

Archived