Magic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow, I might be up that way mid NOv anyhows. I'll have to check it out.

This Sunday Mini meet in Homestead (outside the motorsports complex in the Kart track). A couple of us will be there.

Pete

o

Wed. at about 9PM. Info below:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1990291

Anyone (Pete) going to the Auto-X state championships up in Gainesville on Nov 14??

• 1 month later...

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.

Just hit 1 year with my legacy. :)

Spec.b in Hollywood Florida

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/HTKrallyXTREME/IMAG0327_edit0.jpg

Welcome Guad, I'm a stone's throw from you (Davie). PM me if you are interested in Autocrossing your Spec B. I'm the pied piper of Leggies down South. Next one in Jan.

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.

Just hit 1 year with my legacy. :)

Spec.b in Hollywood Florida

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/HTKrallyXTREME/IMAG0327_edit0.jpg

Hey guys! Sorry I missed the meet. I have had 3 sinus infections since moving down here. And it took almost a month to get internet. I am looking for a place for service on my Legacy. Any suggestions for the Homestead/Miami area? Also, any good place to get a detail inside/outside? Thanks!

Hey guys!! I'm a newbie subie owner (less than 2 weeks!!). I just bought an 09 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. I'm very very pleased with the car so far!! I've already been looking to upgrade w/engine mods, suspension, etc. I live in the Tampa area and I have found S&R Performance shop. Any other places I could find in the Tampa area??

Hey guys!! I'm a newbie subie owner (less than 2 weeks!!). I just bought an 09 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. I'm very very pleased with the car so far!! I've already been looking to upgrade w/engine mods, suspension, etc. I live in the Tampa area and I have found S&R Performance shop. Any other places I could find in the Tampa area??

I'm sorry but S&R is a joke. I've personally worked on 3 cars (1 of them I had the motor apart) that S&R built and there were bolts that were over-torqued which left me with sheared bolts, broken timing cover, head gaskets reused, and somehow they missed an unsealed valve before putting a motor back together. I've seen their work and truthfully, I'm not impressed.

Honestly, the thing I stress the most when it comes to modding cars is to learn how to do everything yourself and when it comes to custom fabrication, find yourself someone that does great work at a great price if you can't do it yourself.

Since you're in Tampa, if you want to learn how to install the parts yourself, I'm always willing to help fellow enthusiasts.

I'm sorry but S&R is a joke. I've personally worked on 3 cars (1 of them I had the motor apart) that S&R built and there were bolts that were over-torqued which left me with sheared bolts, broken timing cover, head gaskets reused, and somehow they missed an unsealed valve before putting a motor back together. I've seen their work and truthfully, I'm not impressed.

Honestly, the thing I stress the most when it comes to modding cars is to learn how to do everything yourself and when it comes to custom fabrication, find yourself someone that does great work at a great price if you can't do it yourself.

Since you're in Tampa, if you want to learn how to install the parts yourself, I'm always willing to help fellow enthusiasts.

Thanks alot Shocker & Leonardo!! I appreciate the info. I'm just glad I didnt commit to anything. I'm looking around Jan timeframe to possibly throw in an AVO Turbo w/high flow filter. Then, from what I read, a suspension upgrade is a must. I'm pretty mechanically inclined...at least when it comes to the suspension stuff. I may get in touch with you for the turbo upgrade.

Leo , I have a DP but unfortunately its an MT one. If you want to modify it you are welcome to take it.

RXL1972 -I highly recommend Wales garage in Hollywood. Ben is the shop owner and is a Subie tuner and racer. He can do anything from mild to wild (fully built engines) his work is top notch. Another good place is Velocity factor in Boca But thats a bit far from Homestead. I always drive further to get better service/work, it makes a difference who you go to. Had too many bad experiences with idiot grease monkeys.

Leo , I have a DP but unfortunately its an MT one. If you want to modify it you are welcome to take it.

RXL1972 -I highly recommend Wales garage in Hollywood. Ben is the shop owner and is a Subie tuner and racer. He can do anything from mild to wild (fully built engines) his work is top notch. Another good place is Velocity factor in Boca But thats a bit far from Homestead. I always drive further to get better service/work, it makes a difference who you go to. Had too many bad experiences with idiot grease monkeys.

Hollywood is a farther drive from Tampa than Boca, albeit both drives are quite long.

enaggs, get with me before you purchase that turbo kit so we can discuss how to tackle the project and what not. I may not own a shop and working on cars is not my profession, but I am very meticulous with anything I install, whether it's on my car, or someone else's car.

Edited by ShockerGT

Shocker you are confusing the post I wrote is for a member in Miami not up there (RXL1972 not Esnaggs). I would love to hit you up to help install my BNR Turbo (I usually do most work myself).

Yeah, woops heh. I'd have no problem helping you installing it, I just wish you were much closer.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone! I see Bird Road Subaru has an 05 GT sedan with only 37,115 miles on it. I'd love to get a turbo engine, but really like my wagon. Also, I saw the car in person. The driver's seat has heavy wear on the left side (it's leather) and the headlights have a little bit of fade going on. I did not get a chance to test drive it. Is owning a turbo worth it? And what's the deal with fading/fogging headlights? Is it from being in sunshine all the time? I am interested in everyone's opinions.... Thanks in advance

Bird Road Subaru is a good dealer. I know the owner and bought my WRX brand new there. But.... I question that mileage on a car that shows that much wear on the seat . If its been outdoors then the Fadded headlights is not so much of a problem and kinda normal in the Hot Fla sun. For some reason my WRX headlights faded badly but shined to near new with a kit from the autoparts store (Several are out now and polish them to near new). My leggy never had that problem but i polish the headlight covers every so often. Is the Turbo Leggy worth it? Yes if you value near STI like performance. They have alot of potential but need greater maintenence. The ideal for you would be a Turbo Wagon but they are harder to find (especially the 5 MT version) . I went up to Philly to find mine a few years back. BTW there are several South Fla LGT's . We meet in Homestead for the Monthly Autocrosses . Next one in January Edited by peteyjr
spelin eror