LegacyGT.com

What NOT to do with some extra oil

G.T.Subie

Don't leave it in your trunk and drive like a fool like I did.

I had a about 1/2 a quart left from my oil change last Saturday and left it in my trunk. I usually leave some in there just in case any way.

So yesterday I came out from work and noticed a puddle next to my driver side rear tire. I was quite confused to what it was so I touched it and it was clearly oil. I popped my trunk and the M1 quart was empty, the oil ran down my trunk and into the spare tire well.:mad::spin:

It took me 2 hours to get that shit ou and cleaned up.

0515081638a.thumb.jpg.afcd60d465ee5435d182dfbc2b1ef1c2.jpg

Denial is your best friend

Ummm......I dump mine down the storm drain.

GT- What is up w/ your taillights? I like the blacked out look. Do you have any side profile pics? I am diggin' it!

Rehab is for quitters.

Ummm......I dump mine down the storm drain.

GT- What is up w/ your taillights? I like the blacked out look. Do you have any side profile pics? I am diggin' it!

Doing your part to help the environment huh :lol:

nice brickwork. I would have tried to have the walkway match the driveway tho.

good advice also, I forgot about a quart in my trunk but I found it before it was too late.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

That sucks...

I use a small plastic storage container in my trunk to store oil, jumper cables, flashlight, etc.

+1 always a good idea to carry an extra quart, just get a storage bin to keep it with your cables and other breakdown essentials. I use a plastic crate and just have it bungee-tied so it doesn't roll around during spirited driving. pretty easy!

brian

Just trying to help....hahaha. I haven't dumped oil in a storm drain in months...

Please. Don't do it ever again. Thank you.

nice brickwork. I would have tried to have the walkway match the driveway tho.

good advice also, I forgot about a quart in my trunk but I found it before it was too late.

Thanks, it's my in-laws house and they wanted it to look that way so you could tell there was a walkway.

ah, well, I'm a bit ocd about things being symmetrical and matching and themed.. someone recently bought me a lamp for my living room and I refused to put it in there because it didnt match the others. :lol:

You know a friend of mine has some kind of subaru side bags that fit perfectly in the lgt. He said he bought them from the dealer but cant tell me what car they are for. Maybe the wrx or something, I'm trying to get him to give me the part #... if yohad thoes this accident might could have been avoided.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

ah, well, I'm a bit ocd about things being symmetrical and matching and themed.. someone recently bought me a lamp for my living room and I refused to put it in there because it didnt match the others. :lol:

You know a friend of mine has some kind of subaru side bags that fit perfectly in the lgt. He said he bought them from the dealer but cant tell me what car they are for. Maybe the wrx or something, I'm trying to get him to give me the part #... if yohad thoes this accident might could have been avoided.

Let me know when you get that Part #

Archived