LegacyGT.com

Help in deciding please

Arcturus

Hi. I am within weeks of purchasing either a 3.6 premium or a 2.5 limited w/ moonroof. Both 2012. 2.5 will be a little less $. I'm looking for opinions on whether the leather, dual climate control, subwoofer, moonroof, gas mileage, and everything else that comes on a limited model is worth the sacrifice in power.

Thanks for any help!

If you don't need the 3.6R power, then you'll be fine/happy with the 2.5 limited and all the goodies you'll get over the 3.6 premium.

Personally, I'd rather have the 3.6 since its more powerful, and pretty rare, not as rare as a GT, but still rare. That's a +1 on the coolness factor.

The leather seats are very nice and probably the only accessory you'd wish you had if you went with the 3.6R.

I'd say go with the 3.6R.... Unless you simply need better gas mileage. Or negotiate, I ordered my 3.6R Limited(no options) for $26.7k

Totally depends on what you want. If you had a 2.5i and liked the engine stick with it, you'll do better on gas. I had an 08 2.5GT that was a beast as most here know. I went with the 3.6R Limited with Nav, moonroof and many other options. It has great torque, very refined ride, and like another poster wrote, is def a +1 on the cool factor over the 2.5i or premium. Things like leather and heated seats, fog lights, sat radio...are musts for me. Be warned a recall just came out today for Legacy built in December, possible problem with side airbag. Will be checked/replaced for free of course.

You guys rock! This will be my first Subaru of any kind and I have researched them like crazy on features and reliability (of course, they blow the competition out of the water) and am down to this final decision. I think I will try to find a 3.6 Limited with a few less accessories and make an offer. Thank you for the excellent feedback!

You guys rock! This will be my first Subaru of any kind and I have researched them like crazy on features and reliability (of course, they blow the competition out of the water) and am down to this final decision. I think I will try to find a 3.6 Limited with a few less accessories and make an offer. Thank you for the excellent feedback!

Stick to your gut, I knew I'd be on cruise control allot so I went 2.5 for the MPG. Never really thought about it but I also used to own a Prius so its almost like having a GT in comparison!

I was in a similar spot and decided on a 2.5 Premium... now that the decision is made, I haven't thought twice about a Limited. thefishingone is right about the leather being the only option I'd like to have, but I wasn't going to pay $1000 for a mediocre (IMO :)) audio system that would immediately be replaced.

I've tested a 2.5 with the CVT and found the power to be a bit less than I would like. I am trying to decide how much I would miss the leather and other options if I went with the 3.6. Also, if anyone could give me some real world MPG numbers on these engines, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I've tested a 2.5 with the CVT and found the power to be a bit less than I would like. I am trying to decide how much I would miss the leather and other options if I went with the 3.6. Also, if anyone could give me some real world MPG numbers on these engines, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I've had my 3.6R for 1200 miles now. In & around city I've been 17-18.5 on the highway I've been 25-26. My typical tank has been 23mpg average. I have not been babying it either.

Archived