LegacyGT.com

'08 G35x vs '10 legacy 3.6R limited?

Lymph

Hey folks,

Trying to make a car-buying decision here so I'd appreciate being as impartial as possible! The contenders are a '08 G35x and a '10 Legacy 3.6R Limited. 50k and 37k respectively.Can probably get the Infiniti a little cheaper, but it is slightly worse on gas and takes premium, so the cost evens out.

The way I see it, the pros/cons of each:

Infiniti: adds more luxury, more powerful (unnecessarily?), probably pretty reliable. fun to drive. Lots of tech features.

Subaru: Will almost certainly be reliable, comes with CPO warranty, more than adequate acceleration with the 3.6R, I currently have and like a Subaru. A little more storage space.

I think they're probably equally comfortable to sit in.

The one question I have is the ride quality, as I live in Pittsburgh and it is a REALLY bumpy/potholey city, so how it takes these makes a difference to me.

So I'm having a tough time. I like driving both, and the G is probably more fun, but I'm wondering if the Legacy is comparable while also being a bit more practical. But am I giving up a little more luxury for no reason?

Help!

Does the '10 3.6R take regular gas? My '01 Outback H6 3.0 took premium. Just curious.

Yup.... 3.6R's run on regular.

I'd go with the newer car in general with fewer miles. IMO, the 3.6R has a lot more interior room than the G. If I recall, the G's rear seats don't fold like the 3.6R.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Thanks for the input. And yes - those are miles not dollars! Both weighed in around $21k or so.

I think I'm leaning Legacy at this point - I redrove the G and while it has a hefty engine I think the Legacy is a better overall car. It is very stop and go where I live, so the G is very lurchy in that setting. Ridiculously fast at speed, of course.

I'm gonna drive an 09 GT today to compare the 2 eras. Also maybe a new Impreza just to see where they are with the 36 MPG and CVT..

before i got my LGT...i was in a similar situation...

G35X or Legacy GT....im so happy with my legacy and we are a subaru family...AWD technology perfected and was cheaper on insurance...

even my gf got herself into an 11 legacy and now her brother into a 12 impreza...

subie all the way...

:spin:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

^^yeah. the rear seat room is ridiculous. Even with tall people in the front with the seat further back the rear seat passengers always have enough room.

Except for those dang rear facing car seats! I don't understand how people drive in some cars with those things. I'm 6'2" and it compromises my seating in the Legacy a little but for my wife she still has room between her seat and the kids car seat. Our Legacy actually has more room up front with the car seat behind us than we do in our 2004 Suburban!!!

I get a lot of compliments on my car's smooth ride and spacious interior. This is my first subie, but not my last. Just last weekend I carpooled in my buddies 2011 ford fusion all the way to VT. After the trip, my friends said that they would have been happier in my Legacy! Take that ford!

Archived