LegacyGT.com

Prosport boost gauge issues

Nolmers06LGT

I installed a used Prosport premium boost gauge yesterday. After testing the wiring the gauge turned on, performed all of the startup ceremonies (gauge sweep, buzzer, etc.), then the backlight started flashing white. I've checked the connections and I don't think that is the issue, but I'm leaning toward a faulty sender. Can anyone confirm this from past experiences?

Where did you splice into for power? I had issues and I called them (good tech support in my experience, you should try calling them for help) and they told me the trip/temp wires below the cubby don't supply enough voltage and to run from the cig lighter wiring.

I didn't have the issue you're having, but just a thought.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Flashing means there's an issue with the sender. Return the prosport and get a better brand. Don't bother trying to get it to work, it WILL break for good shortly.

I called a little while ago and that's what they told me.. well, minus the return the prosport and get something better. :lol: I'd like to do that, but this gauge was free, and I don't have the funds to buy what I want quite yet. I may just buy a new sender.. It's worth the $30 investment to hold me over for awhile.

Archived