LegacyGT.com

need help P0725

last week my car started running real bad then would be fine, then 2 days ago it threw a cel it was p0725 engine speed sensor. code doesn't go away and car still barely runs. where are these sensors?

any info would help since i can't find any.

• 1 month later...
I have an 05 Leg GT, Man/Automatic. I'm running an 07 WRX engine in it. Everything has been perfect until yesterday, I got CEL P0700 (trans control system, MIL request) and P0725 (Engine speed input circuit). There was no difference in how the car drove or performed though. I read elsewhere that P0700 just means there is a MIL (malfunction indicator light) that needs to be read. I assume it is referring to the P0725?? But I wouldn't think P0725 is referring to a Crank Sensor since there are plenty of codes specific to the crank sensor. Seems like you'd get a "crank sensor" code if it was the crank sensor (p0335 and p0336). The "700 series" codes all have to do with the transmission. I cleared the codes and they haven't yet come back after going another 200 miles since then. Just to be sure though I think I might flush the tranny fluid and change the filter. I don't think that has ever been done yet so it couldn't hurt.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i had same codes pop up on my wife's 05 ob xt. p0700 and p0725. alsocruise control light was flashing. it happened after she managed to run out of gas and car was pushed to the side of the road till gas arrived. cleared it today we will see if it comes back

• 2 years later...
Anything on this ,I have this code now and car is shifting bad /slipping in 3/4/5...car does have excessive amount of tranny fluid it is high ass hell when hot and cold and I mean half way up the dipstick ..any thoughts ..I have an IPT Valvebody mod .

• 4 months later...
I am getting p0700 on mine as well but I just replaced the engine. Didn't touch the tranny. Transmission shop owned by a friend told me to check all my connections but i find nothing. Gonna let him check it with a better than auto zone diag. Tool. Just that he's an hour away. And i hate to drive her that far with the mil on.

• 5 years later...
I am getting p0700 on mine as well but I just replaced the engine. Didn't touch the tranny. Transmission shop owned by a friend told me to check all my connections but i find nothing. Gonna let him check it with a better than auto zone diag. Tool. Just that he's an hour away. And i hate to drive her that far with the mil on.

P0700 just let's you know the fault has to do with the driveline, it's a code used to refer people to the transmission section of the scan tool. Says something like "MIL on requested by AT" or something

I have 2 codes related to p0700, they are p1706 and p0725

I'm pretty sure it's a wheel speed sensor but can anyone confirm? I work at a honda shop and sometimes they have the same issue.

P0725 is typically caused by a bad cam or crank sensor preventing the ECU from sending a reliable engine speed signal to the TCU. I would address that first and see if fixing that also fixes the P1706.

In general, it's helpful to know your year and model.

P0725 is typically caused by a bad cam or crank sensor preventing the ECU from sending a reliable engine speed signal to the TCU. I would address that first and see if fixing that also fixes the P1706.

In general, it's helpful to know your year and model.

Sorry, 05 legacy gt 2.0t AT

• 1 month later...

Bump!

Just had this code showed on my car also today. P0725 and P0700. I recently installed an aftermarket grimmspeed uppipe on it 2 months ago and did a ohm resistor mod.

Last week I heard some knocking sound on the engine and I really thought its something internal, but it seems its just the Timing Idler pulley(13033AA042).

I drove the car almost 30 miles all the way to the shop and I noticed I started losing power and then finally the engine stalls and that's when the CEL came on and everything.

Any advise? Thank you!

Typically the P0725 is the result of bad cam or crank sensors, but when driving with a bad timing tensioner, more worrisome things may have happened. Since it's almost to the shop, just have them look.

Thanks for quick response. We got the Tensioner on order and will replace that first then I guess we'll go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Finally had the chance to replace the TB Tensioner pulley, buy that wasn't the problem. The noise still present and it's idling rough.

So definitely needs to be torn the engine and see what's going on unless you any of have better suggestions, or if there's any thread out there about my problem.

I'm leaning towards engine rebuild or just direct swap.

Archived