LegacyGT.com

disable green shift arrow?

You would think reading the owners manual would have done it as well, but I first did what I thought was one step better. I asked the dealer when I had it in to get the accessories installed. They said they had no way to turn it off. Maybe THEY should read the manual too!

I didn't know the new LGT's had that. I learned stick on a ford focus and it had the same thing. Annoying as hell and it wanted you to shift way to early. I would go into the next gear at like 15000, rpm and the car would shake. Even driving stick for the first time I could tell that was to low of a RPM.

I didn't know the new LGT's had that. I learned stick on a ford focus and it had the same thing. Annoying as hell and it wanted you to shift way to early. I would go into the next gear at like 15000, rpm and the car would shake. Even driving stick for the first time I could tell that was to low of a RPM.

That was one hell of a focus you had.

yea i think the green arrow comes on a bit too early on the higher gears. there is no way imma shift into the next gear and make the car shake, even though the green arrow tells me.

it's all about fuel economy.

the green arrow takes liberties with the situation, it's programmed for flat ground, and hardly any acceleration once you shift. does not take anything into consideration, speed limit is 45 you are at 25... it's all "perfect world" scenario crap.

thus, fairly worthless to follow.

annoying, but it's not the first time i've driven a car with the "feature" so i'm used to it.

Anyone know how to turn off the GPS screen in an '09 Spec B?

I know I can use the dial on the dash to turn down the illumination, but that dims the dash too. It seems to be on all the time, either stuck at the initial 'agreement' screen or displaying GPS or monitor stuff.

Right-most (real) button and then the "OFF" (onscreen) button.

This works in my '08 - I keep the screen off most of the time.

I'd keep it off too, but then I'd lose the clock.

They should've done a boost/oil temp/water temp/oil pressure gauge instead of those useless fuel/acceleration gauges.

I'd keep it off too, but then I'd lose the clock.

They should've done a boost/oil temp/water temp/oil pressure gauge instead of those useless fuel/acceleration gauges.

Clock is available in the dash "info display"...

Totally agree on the pointless virtual gauges - especially the gas pedal position ("Hey! I wonder how much I'm pushing the gas pedal!")

Clock is available in the dash "info display"...

Totally agree on the pointless virtual gauges - especially the gas pedal position ("Hey! I wonder how much I'm pushing the gas pedal!")

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. If the screen stays off after a restart, I might start doing that.

Archived