LegacyGT.com

Filtered Turbo Oil Supply Line Kit (w/ Instructions)

• 2 weeks later...

About time those 11 years of french immersion were useful for something :lol: Thanks for the write up!

Mike - Kinda random question, but what is the point of removing the banjo screen if we are bypassing the stock oil feed with this kit? I already took it out, I'm just curious about it. Oh, and thanks for the turbo swap write up, that's helping a ton right now :)

Benefit of removing it is you dont ever have to check it again. Draw back is that now the OCV's dont get any filtration. You can remove it or leave it, your call. Most remove it.

• 1 month later...

Probably a dumb question, but what happens on the AVCS side if the banjo filter is removed and something gets through? Based on pics I've seen, this side is usually pretty clean compared to the turbo side and it is a lot more work to service. Seems to me that it makes sense to either remove all banjo filters and add this kit for the turbo or at least remove the AVCS side and clean/replace the turbo side...

Thanks, Doug

• 4 months later...

Oil volume requirements are different for every turbo. Some manufacturers include the required fitting (Blouch). For OEM turbos use the OEM banjo bolt. BNR and FP turbos use the banjo bolt included in the kit.

At the ACVS you will have to use the supplied banjo bolt as it is integral to the installation of the kit.

Hey Mike, I stopped by a week or so ago on the motorcycle, and got the kit, but you didn't have the 12mm banjo, any luck on that?

Just waiting on the bolt and a tune, then GTG.

Thanks.

*edited for clarity*

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has not hit home with the answers provided so far.

By definition the 16G is not factory so should it use the factory banjo bolt or the one supplied in the kit?

Currently running 16G with the factory bolt. Hoping I got it right. :)

Sorry if this has not hit home with the answers provided so far.

By definition the 16G is not factory so should it use the factory banjo bolt or the one supplied in the kit?

Currently running 16G with the factory bolt. Hoping I got it right. :)

So from what your saying I have it wrong and need to swap the bolt for the 16G to be fed properly?

I believe what he's saying is that you should use whatever BB comes with the turbo you are running. The question being, does the 16G come supplied with it's own BB? Or do the instructions on the 16G state to re-use the subaru BB?

If it is a ball bearing 16g it should have its own oil supply fitting (not all are banjo bolts) that came with the turbo. If it is a BNR 16g use the supplied banjo bolt. If it is one of many aftermarket journal bearing 16g's use the supplied banjo bolt.

Thats what is on now the BB that came in the filter kit and I hope to hell I havn't damaged this turbo not understanding.

Curious to see what Brian has to say to me about this mistake.

*EDIT* Just spoke to Brian... G16 needs the "unrestricted" BB. Meaning the BB in Mikes kit. Crossing fingers now I han't hosed myself.

Edited by kzr750r1

• 3 weeks later...