LegacyGT.com

FEELER (MA):Might Be Selling My 05 LGT

Billy Dagwood

Hey guys,

I thought I'd post this feeler here before I set up a proper FS thread in the marketplace. I have a non-limited 05 LGT 5MT. I am the original owner. It's Atlantic blue with ~120k miles. No accidents that weren't purely cosmetic (parking lots around Boston...ugh). I'm preparing for a big move to DC with my lady, and we really won't need two cars down there, so, despite how much I love this car, the smart thing might be to let the ol' girl go (the car, not my girlfriend).

The exterior is in pretty good shape - 10 years of daily driving, but nothing terrible. One dent on the left front fender and some paint scrapes on the bumpers. Windshield has some VERY minor spiderwebbing around an impact spot when a truck kicked up a branch and scared the shit out of me, but it doesn't leak (this happened in ~2008, and I've never felt it was necessary to replace it). Front bumper could probably use some adjusting after all the snowbanks last winter, but it's nothing pressing.

Interior is similar - cloth interior, no rips in anything. Some standard scuffing on some of the plastics around the breadbox/cupholder area, but, again, nothing really notable by way of damage.

I've kept up with the maintenance, and the record is complete, apart from any modifications done by me or with other forum members (where there'd be no receipt for obvious reasons). Clutch (et al) was replaced at about 37k mi (see below - I upgraded it), and the transmission locked up on me at ~75k and was also replaced. Recent work done: timing belt is new, as is the steering rack/pump, which were just due for replacement from time and New England. New spark plugs when the timing belt was done about 1500 miles ago. Replaced a blown shock, the TMIC (which hadn't totally gone but was starting to), and the front axle, which was also just worn out.

Mod List (that I can remember off the top of my head - I'm traveling right now):

POWER

avo panel filter

gutted STI UP

Perrin DP, mid, and Y

Wangan/Apex-i cans

accessport v2 OTS stage 2 map

gfb bov

JMP upgraded VF46 installed Feb 2016

Perrin turbo inlet hose

act stage 2 clutch

wrx flywheel

SUSPENSION

cobb/hotckiss sways with reinforced rear mounts

MSI endlinks

KYB (stock replacement) struts

swift springs

cusco front underbody brace

MISC

original-style aluminum rallitek skidplate

genuine JDM mesh grille

cobb sts

cobb shifter bushings

block8head (spelling?) gaugepod with a prosport 52mm mechanical boost gauge installed

2 shift knobs: momo/subie and stock

various minor brake upgrades over the years (braided lines, etc.), but no BBK.

rallyarmor mudflaps

oem JDM tails (with amber blinkers)

WHEELS/TIRES

18x8 weds tc105N summer wheels with 225/40R-18 Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 tires, purchased summer 2015 (so only a few thousand on them).

17x7 stock wheels with snows (can't remember exactly, and I'm traveling right now) - probably one full season left on those tires.

This car has been well-loved. Still is loved, actually, and if it made sense, I'd keep it. But I guess sometimes things have got to give way for other things. Still working on price, but I was figuring somewhere around...$8,000?

Better pictures when my stuff isn't in boxes in various states up and down the East Coast (I'll make a proper FS thread), but for now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/billydagwood/autos/IMG_5192-safe.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived