LegacyGT.com

RFRB grille

hi I'm looking at buying this grill it says thats its RFRB genuine part is that true i have not seen this style b4

also it says in the title

'RFRB Racing Front Grille for Subaru Liberty - BG5 BD5 BK5 Legacy JDM 95-99 STI'

would this fit all 2nd gen legacy/liberty

thanks for any help you can offer

RFRB.jpg.6723fcdd515eb281923120eb1a05c411.jpg

Thats a generic knock off.

Here is a picture of the real thing

I read somewhere on the forum that there is a earlier version of the RFRB grille for the gen 2 dunno if thats correct.

There was more than one style of RFRB grille. I believe the OP is depicting the earlier style. Not necessarily a knockoff. I think hansvonaxian had one of these for sale recently.

Yeah it's for the type A JDM BD/BG Legacy, it's shorter than the one for type B&C and I've been told it won't fit USDM Legacies, not sure about Liberty but I would guess the AUDM Liberty is basically the same as JDM so it should fit your '95 model. Be aware, the bottom part screws into the bumper.

• I Donated
There was more than one style of RFRB grille. I believe the OP is depicting the earlier style. Not necessarily a knockoff. I think hansvonaxian had one of these for sale recently.

Yeah its a first generation.

unpossible!

lol

I'm still learning things...but the fact that it says its for a 95-99 Legacy/Liberty STI kind of raises a red flag

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Yeah it's for the type A JDM BD/BG Legacy, it's shorter than the one for type B&C and I've been told it won't fit USDM Legacies, not sure about Liberty but I would guess the AUDM Liberty is basically the same as JDM so it should fit your '95 model. Be aware, the bottom part screws into the bumper.

Does this just go back into the original clips down the bottom that holds the bumper back on?

I've never mounted one or examined a type A bumper up close, but if you've git clips on your bumper under where the grille goes then it's a good bet that's where this will screw in. I have a type B and there are no clips in the bumper, my grille mounts across the top and at 2 points L/R on the headlights.

Yeah only that RFRB uses the screws afaik. Looks like it should screw in there.

Actually the early model grille is perfect for making a custom job, you can just unscrew the plastic honeycomb, paint it and screw in some mesh. The later models are all moulded one piece so you have to cut them up and it's a pain.

Yeah only that RFRB uses the screws afaik. Looks like it should screw in there.

Actually the early model grille is perfect for making a custom job, you can just unscrew the plastic honeycomb, paint it and screw in some mesh. The later models are all moulded one piece so you have to cut them up and it's a pain.

Thanks for that, haha o well might do that and sell it as a custom grille idk yet.

Archived