LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Settings with Lowering Springs?

turboboost

Did a quick search, but didn't find much of a discussion. If you're running Koni yellows with lowering springs (I've H&Rs), what settings are you dialed in at for the Koni's?

I've come across mixed reviews (in terms of # of turns from full soft): Full firm in front and rear, 1.5f/1r, 2.5f/1-1.5r, etc etc.

I'm looking for a good starting point - a bit of comfort, but enough firmness so that I can drive spiritedly through corners when desired.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

since koni's are rebound only adjustable, the initial stiffness wont change with adjustment. You are only able to adjust secondary rebound forces. best thing to do with any shock is start in the middle, even on the soft side and make small adjustments till you get to where you want. all shocks vary somewhat from the factory(yes, even Koni's) so one persons full still may be another's 3/4 stiff. And this is all for ride quality's sake. you wont be able to optimize grip consistenly with adjustments unless you track or autox the car and are a good enough drive to be consistent.

I've got Swift springs with the yellows and told my installer to put the Konis in the middle. Over the winter I tried softening them by a quarter turn. I don't know if it was my imagination or it was real but they seemed too bouncy on the softer setting. Back of the middle for me. But Swifts are probably stiffer than the H&Rs, at least by reputation.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Unfortunately, H&R doesn't release their spring rates, so your guess is as good as mine. I'm currently at full-firm all around, so I'll probably dial them back to the middle and make minor +/- adjustments from there.

Archived