LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Are you running aftermarket or stock mufflers? Mind posting a 3rd gear pull so we can run it through virtual dyno?

Fwiw jojorios I'm also not running a full TBE, which helps immensely I'm sure, if I get an aftermarket bpv I'll report back, still kicking that idea around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm running stock mid-pipe and HKS Silent Hi-Power axleback. I can try to post a 3rd gear pull when I get a chance. Though I'm wondering if it's not going to help because I just realized that I'm an '05 w/ VF-40 and most of you are talking about a VF-54 setup for 2010-14.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW my turboxs catless downpipe overboosts right now, granted I havent gotten a proper finished tune so take that information with a grain of salt. You can talk about how premium the materials are on this nameless downpipe or say whatever, but I'm gonna list mine on the classifieds for a rock bottom price and I'm sure it will still sit there forever. If you don't call that worthless I don't know what you would call it. I can't speak for everyone else but I have less a problem with the product itself and more of a problem with the people at nameless and they way handled this whole situation. It was over a year before they ever even acknowledged anyone, and now half a year later they come here with some bullshit logs that don't make any sense and left us with more questions than answers. Not to mention you know they are reading this because they sign on to thank my posts trolling them but don't actually post anything useful. I think most of the people here thought they were buying something from a group of professionals who stand behind the products they make. Instead it turns out we got a product from a bunch of children with access to stainless steel, jigs, and welding torches

FWIW my turboxs catless downpipe overboosts right now, granted I havent gotten a proper finished tune so take that information with a grain of salt. You can talk about how premium the materials are on this nameless downpipe or say whatever, but I'm gonna list mine on the classifieds for a rock bottom price and I'm sure it will still sit there forever. If you don't call that worthless I don't know what you would call it. I can't speak for everyone else but I have less a problem with the product itself and more of a problem with the people at nameless and they way handled this whole situation. It was over a year before they ever even acknowledged anyone, and now half a year later they come here with some bullshit logs that don't make any sense and left us with more questions than answers. Not to mention you know they are reading this because they sign on to thank my posts trolling them but don't actually post anything useful. I think most of the people here thought they were buying something from a group of professionals who stand behind the products they make. Instead it turns out we got a product from a bunch of children with access to stainless steel, jigs, and welding torches

When the hell did TXS sell a catless DP for our cars? I doubt they would make just 1 DP though. =/

When the hell did TXS sell a catless DP for our cars? I doubt they would make just 1 DP though. =/

No idea man, I literally asked the same question when Sam from Andrewtech told me they had one. I thought he had to be full of it or might think I had a 4th gen but sure enough he was right so I brought my car and they installed it. They might've done a small production run or maybe fabbed one up for a customer who didn't end up wanting it. I've been planning to take it to Turboxs to get a proper tune from them and get the full story as to how it came about, just haven't had the money yet.

No idea man, I literally asked the same question when Sam from Andrewtech told me they had one. I thought he had to be full of it or might think I had a 4th gen but sure enough he was right so I brought my car and they installed it. They might've done a small production run or maybe fabbed one up for a customer who didn't end up wanting it. I've been planning to take it to Turboxs to get a proper tune from them and get the full story as to how it came about, just haven't had the money yet.

My cars at Andrewtech now. When I grab it today I can stop by and see if they have anymore. I doubt they do though. I would ask Sam but hes rarely there now =/

My cars at Andrewtech now. When I grab it today I can stop by and see if they have anymore. I doubt they do though. I would ask Sam but hes rarely there now =/

Yeah, I can't say enough how awesome those guys are. They've been taking care of me for a long time now. IIRC he said that was the only one they had. If Riyad is there you can probably ask him, he did the wiring for the 02 sensor on said DP and I'm sure he remembers just mention Ivan with the 5th gen. Maybe if you tell them our whole story they'd consider fabbing one up for you. My hope at this point is that when I do take the care to turboxs they'll give me the customer service and respect I deserve. If and when that happens I'll be sure to post here so nameless can take some notes, if they aren't too busy rallying that is.

The folks running custom stage 1 tunes with an aftermarket bpv having any issues? If not, I think my stage 2 dreams will be deferred and I'll stick to the lesser evil.

Stage 1 custom tune, cat back, tmic or fmic and I would stop there.

Note the guys with stock cans aren't having trouble.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Save me reading the entire thread here. I've done a little skimming and from what i understand nameless made a dump pipe and the people who have installed it are over boosting like crazy yeah?

Is that pretty much the gist?

The mid pipe as I understand it is the pipe that attaches from the mufflers to the intermediate pipe. I have installed the DP and pipe that comes with it, which I thought was called the intermediate pipe.

Correct. The pipes don't change much but the cans do.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Save me reading the entire thread here. I've done a little skimming and from what i understand nameless made a dump pipe and the people who have installed it are over boosting like crazy yeah?

Is that pretty much the gist?

It's not that simple, not every install has resulted in overboost. So far it seems to be the full turbo back with aftermarket bpv and otherwise stock turbo which is resulting in boost creep.

Stage 1 custom tune, cat back, tmic or fmic and I would stop there.

I already got the catback covered. I have an aftermarket BPV and charge pipe sitting in the garage to be installed.

So, the Primitive mid plate doesn't look like it fits with an aftermarket midpipe. There isn't really any room for the exhaust to vibrate without hitting the plate.

20170312_115630.thumb.jpg.5d51a346ec09925788e34e1b85766b7c.jpg

Edit: here is the actual evidence

6b2267ea59e67c54387d04fac77f2910.jpg

Edited by Ellesedil

I'm going to email Primitive to see what they think. I wish I could find out how much the exhaust moves.

For what it's worth, I don't know what your exhaust setup consists of currently, but you could try replacing all 5 of your exhaust hangers with the Nameless urethane hangers. I did this when I installed my axlebacks, and the hangers hold everything REALLY solidly in place. $45 for all 5 ($12/each, less per/each the more you buy). Don't know if it would help or not, just a thought.

Here's a clip of mine with some hard revs, and you'll see nothing wiggles at all: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMpCoAGgPn9

For what it's worth, I don't know what your exhaust setup consists of currently, but you could try replacing all 5 of your exhaust hangers with the Nameless urethane hangers. I did this when I installed my axlebacks, and the hangers hold everything REALLY solidly in place. $45 for all 5 ($12/each, less per/each the more you buy). Don't know if it would help or not, just a thought.

Here's a clip of mine with some hard revs, and you'll see nothing wiggles at all: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMpCoAGgPn9

You're really suggesting he buy more stuff from Nameless IN THIS THREAD?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk