LegacyGT.com

Stripped wheel bolt

jerami1981

First off it's a stud and they are replacable. Spray it down with WD40 or PB Blaster grab a big hammer and whack it out. Slide the replacement in and thread a nut (with the correct diameter and thread pitch) down the stud and the nut will pull the stud in place as it is tightened down.

I know at my chop they sell a hit to get striopped lugs off a car. Its a reverse gripping type of kit. You hammer it on then airgun it off. and yes its just a stud and you can get it replaced. Just put it in a vice hammer it on and hammer the new one back in.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CTA-Manufacturing-Emergency-Lug-Remover/dp/B0007N201M]Amazon.com: Emergency Lug Nut Remover: Automotive[/ame]

something like that will get it out, just find the right size.

Ahh, sounds great, but i dont have a stripped lug, its a stripped stud.the bolt like piece that the lug screws onto. I managed to get the lug off, though it is done for and it ate the stud on the way off too. Guess in a week or so i'll have another part number for the part numbers list :)

alright... the PROPER way to do this.. you need a custom tool

1) take some hardened steel, throw it in a laythe, and turn it down to about a 3" dia, 1-1.5" thick... make two of those

2) get a 3" OD 1/4" wall pipe, about 6-7" long

4) Weld one end cap on

5) Pour some lead shot into it

6) weld the other cap on

7) weld a handle on...

Now you have as we call it an "Answer"

it'll fix your stud issues, just a little "Love Tap" should do it :icon_wink

Archived