LegacyGT.com

Way to fix broken front plastic covers?

So between the only two 2.5 motors I have ever taken apart, almost every single piece of front end plastic has a crack, worn through, or melted spot. Has anybody tried fixing these plastic parts and if so, what did you use. Thanks.

Tom

Replacing might be the way to go. I see these for sale from part-outs a lot and they are usually still there at the junkyard (no sure of the condition, however). For patching one up I would probably try JB Weld first. Not sure if there is an issue with polyethylene with it but it stills to most substances and is resistant to oil or whatever else might come its way under the hood.

Subaru Superstore on Gilbert and the 202. I bought both rears and a new right front for mine while I had it apart

Do you remember how much you paid for the back pieces?

Edit: Never mind, I called the dealer 29.00 for the passenger and 33.00 for the driver's side. But they only have one of them in stock, 3 days out for the other. Dang, my motor man is coming over tomorrow to re-assemble this engine.

Tom

• I Donated

We got them for cheaper. Used my commercial account to buy them....saved about $20 on them.

Today is engine building day. Pictures to come later....maybe lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived