LegacyGT.com

Hide Threads by Ignored Users

nemo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

I hate seeing 10 threads in a row posted by Vimy with 0 responses or 10 responses that you open and it's vimy just talking to himself with no other responses. Can't we get rid of the clutter just by eliminating the threads that nobody cares to post in. AKA's vimy's threads that are biased talk to himself crap.

^ Doesn't matter. If I have someone on ignore, I want them truly on ignore. I don't want to see their threads, or when someone quotes them, or anything -- that's why I have them on ignore. And this will accomplish that. And I think it will make a lot of people happy.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

What happens if Vimy hijacks a thread started by you!!!!!!:lol:

I suggest the ignore feature be eliminated in the Political forum, and a new forum be started called the "Mental Masturbation" forum.

This thread could be for people who want only agreement with their views and don't want any challenges to their notions.

You could have one for the RW and one for the LW.

Boring, but hey!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

As for the voting issue, 10 people would not do. You would have to call for a quorum ( 60% of forum subscribers) and ask for a vote. Of course, security measures would have to be developed and the quorum membership scrubbed and procedures for vote tallying and and OH hell!!!!!!

Stick with ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I understand the proposed features above would prevent me from seeing threads started by the blocked user. However, would the blocked user be able to see threads that I created, and if so would the blocked user be able to post in my thread?

I don't know if that feature is already in use. I don't have anyone blocked (yet), so I don't know.

I would think it would ignore threads only started by the ignored user, but wont impact threads they post in but do not start..... right?

I think "hack" is kind of a dangerous word when we talk about our forum. We dont want to crash it. :spin:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I understand the proposed features above would prevent me from seeing threads started by the blocked user. However, would the blocked user be able to see threads that I created, and if so would the blocked user be able to post in my thread?

I don't know if that feature is already in use. I don't have anyone blocked (yet), so I don't know.

I believe it's a one way street. Say for example, you ignore robinlsb... you wouldn't be able to see ANYTHING that she posts/creates/etc. However she'd still be able to see everything that you post.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I believe it's a one way street. Say for example, you ignore robinlsb... you wouldn't be able to see ANYTHING that she posts/creates/etc. However she'd still be able to see everything that you post.

Yeah, and then if I made fun of a post by you and people posted replies about it and maybe laughed at me or you, you wouldn't know. It would be a SECRET!!!!!! It's called lose/lose.

What you really want to do is permanently ban Vimy.:lol:

I learn things from you, DR, FJ, ect, even if it is only what the lastest RW talking points are. That's why I read even your most outlandish posts and follow them.;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived