LegacyGT.com

JDM STi style front lip in FULL Carbon Fiber...

480Nthe541

So I made this front lip last year and have been rolling it ever since...Been meaning to post it on here for a while...

Its basically a JDM Lip that was modified to fit USDM (like RBS) then molded to make a mold to produce this 100% CF/Vacuum bagged front lip. All aircraft grade CF construction with epoxy resin matrix. It fits perfect, is super light and strong and obviously looks sick.. I actually made the front grill too, same kind of construction, plus my favorite secret grill mesh.. Getting ready to make CF copies like this of the JDM rear lip spoiler (the one that doesnt bolt on/no LED) too..I cant wait to get those done.

So I guess I am testing the waters a little for these, I have a friend who works at an aircraft manufacturer that does composite work on the side for me when I dont have time, I was thinking of doing some limited production of the front lip and trunk lip.. I just know that most people will expect the same price as all the other pieces that are all polyesther/fiberglass and made for cosmetic purposes only.. I do know there are some nice JDM pieces, but still most of them are wet layup with poly/FRP too and you pay a grip.. I guess stayed tuned because believe me if some more of this stuff gets made I will be selling it =) I will for sure post pics when I get the CF trunk lip done, I cant wait..

Front Lip pics attached...

Oh and I attached a pic of my last project car I just sold last year, some of you may have seen it around before..the LGT will never have that much CF though =)

DSC01265.jpg.9b4c519c2b1e77dc86eefc1749df486c.jpg

DSC01648.jpg.d29e6cf576509f8068a752bfefef1d95.jpg

DSC01650.jpg.96cdc815a9f99d99122762c051805b55.jpg

DSC00361.jpg.170e8c1f70eefc5473fbaad6d3cba1c7.jpg

DSC00363.jpg.9bffb34b38b01c5766fd5a7600ef7ce7.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front lip looks really nice, looks like decent work with CF. I'm not familiar with the material but I've seen some hoods that aren't very well laid and its obvious even in web pics. Yours looks nicely done to me!

Sweet JESUS that NSX must actually need that giant wing since its so light!

I would probably be game for the Lip and spoiler. I like the carbon fiber surround of the grille however the mesh seems a little off. If you matched the carbon fiber surround with a wider holes like the AVO grille then I would be all over this :)

The main selling point would be the price though :)

Could you get some pictures from farther away from the front and side?

And here is a great idea. Mold some carbon fiber fog light surrounds ;)

I would probably be game for the Lip and spoiler. I like the carbon fiber surround of the grille however the mesh seems a little off. If you matched the carbon fiber surround with a wider holes like the AVO grille then I would be all over this :)

The main selling point would be the price though :)

As for the grill..wont be making those, I will just keep this one for me, plus it was a huge PIA to make in a solid piece of exterior CF with no seams..I actually like how the actual grill material has a ishload more small diamonds then the big ones that let you see right through to all the ugly stuff behind the grill. This grill is tested with super high flow numbers too, they use it for open wheel race cars to keep more debris out, thats where I found it =)

AS far as price selling point I really have no idea until I actually get a few made.. I am guessing around 4-5 bills retail maybe.

Thanks for the props!

hey can you post some pics of your headlights? did you paint them all black, incuding the chrome around the projectors?

I did paint them all satin black..I left the rings at first but ended up painting them..I only left the chrome reflective part around the high beam bulb.. I love the way it turned out..

I dont have any real great pictures that show them there always seems to be glare...

So first off, these will never be mass produced unfortunately.. I will try to get as many available and see. I will just offer some up sor sale and let all you guys battle it out for them.. It will for sure be just the front lip and rear tunk spoiler for now, all the other projects will be one-offs for now.

As far as a projected 4-5 hundred price that is a conservative price considering the RBS limited run CF front lip a while back was 500 shipped and although those looked REALLY nice, they didnt have the same type of material/construction or durability as the type here. This lip was not made with any polyesther resins or thick external gelcoats, just carbon and infused epoxy cured in a vacuum bag for 24 hrs under heat. If I do get some of these made I can assure that they will be worth every penny they get sold for, anyone who thinks its overpriced can get an FRP one from RBS and get it painted. Of course shipping is going to be a b!tch, between custom boxes and shipping charges I am guessing at least $80 to ship these properly if I do get some available.

Anyway..happy looking...hopefully I will be able to hook some others up with one of these..

CONSERVATIVE Price? Wow. I was thinking $150-200 tops. Are CF parts just 'that much more' expensive for these cars than other cars?
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

CONSERVATIVE Price? Wow. I was thinking $150-200 tops. Are CF parts just 'that much more' expensive for these cars than other cars?

$400-500 for a full CF lip is pretty reasonable. You can't even get a RBS lip for $200. Rommel's GB was something like $275.

$400-500 for a full CF lip is pretty reasonable. You can't even get a RBS lip for $200. Rommel's GB was something like $275.

I was thinking the same... 500 for a badass full CF front lip is a smokin deal IMO..but this coming from the guy that dumped over 25K into the full CF body on my NSX that weighed less then 60lbs total =)

Then...I guess I have my answer...I've seen entire hoods for less than $500...wings and what-not too.

But - if that's what they cost for the LGT, then...that's what they cost.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Then...I guess I have my answer...I've seen entire hoods for less than $500...wings and what-not too.

But - if that's what they cost for the LGT, then...that's what they cost.

Its really not about it being for the LGT that makes it expensive but just in general cars that dont have a HUGE aftermarket/race following nice parts are usually more expensive and there is usually less lower quality parts to weed through as well. I am sure there are factories in China turning out 1000s of CF hoods for cars like Evos/WRXs for example thats why they are less then 500 dollars too..but 95% of them you are paying for crap quality/construction and mostly shipping from overseas in the end.

I would think RBS lips or some of the JDM ones would be more of a "normal" price for the Legacy.. a full CF front lip would prob be considered on the higher end cost wise of anything available for the LGT.

Archived