LegacyGT.com

Best spark plugs for EJ22?

Regular NGKs are just fine. Platinum and Iridium plugs were designed for much longer service intervals. I've tried Iridium's on my 2.2 and could not notice it performing better when new than the regulars when new. I have regular NGKs in there now.

I'd do Iridium's again if they were supplied with stickers the way K&Ns air filters come with stickers. Then my car would be wicked quick.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

The Subaru dealer I took my car to said that they have luck pulling out platinum plugs and putting in standard ones to fix some problems NGK standard ones... I have the platinum ones currently

when i was having a phantom misfire i went from copper NGKs to platinums, to iridiums and back to coppers. the coppers just dont last long in the AZ heat and such, so i put NGK platinums in the GT and put the iridiums back in the wagon. theres no real noticeable difference performance-wise between the three that i can tell, but the platinums do last longer, and arent too pricey. going from a standard plug to an iridium in my truck was actually noticeable tho, so mebbe it matters how many cylinders you have.

My car started missing at 160.000ks and I changed the plugs..... They were original. God, they seem to last forever these days. The cars still on the same leads and runs like a dream. The same leads with 222.000ks on the clock. Amazing.

One of the first things I buy for every car I've owned since 2003 has been NGK plugs. Their reliability pays for itself let alone the mild performance upgrade you can achieve when combining new plugs and wires on a used car. I've had them on my Mazda for 115k miles and I feel that they finally could use a new set. That's pretty impressive considering that all that mileage was within three years.

Archived