LegacyGT.com

having my drivers seat heater fixed..questions.

mars_volta

im having my drivers seat heater fixed on my 05 gt ltd. what should subaru parts cost, how does the seat come apart (is there cutting involved), etc..

the dealer wants to send the seat to their upholstery shop and give me a discount since it was broke when i bought the car in may with the classic warranty. pleave advise. :spin:

doesn't this fall under the TSB notice?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 3 months later...

Emm someone had a writeup of how to take the seats apart and get the heater element.. don't have it off hand.

But it doesn't take too long to take the seats apart, I just did it to swap the upholstery around.. maybe 30 mins :) They said the common thing is that a wire got pulled from the heated seat part... so if they didn't change it, then it could be that problem.

Thanks, I've seen that. Why would my back heat up but not the seat? Are you 100% sure the 2 elements are in series? How do you know this? I've seen drawings trown around and they dont match my 05 GT LTD seat.

Have any more pics of the actual wire and elements dissected? I'm very curious as to the wiring under the tape the the T in this pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/schwartzki/DSC_1029.jpg

Archived