LegacyGT.com

Anyone having problems shifting with a short throw?

I've noticed lately that I have had a problem getting into reverse. Other gears don't seem as free-flowing as it used to be. Is it possible that having a shorter shifter is wearing something out? What would be worn to cause this issue? Syncro? Bushings? The car has 40k miles.

reverse has no synchros - double clutch it you will be fine.

I think he got his car new (or newish), so i suspect this is a new development.

However, i'll add that reverse on my transmission has always been a bitch due to the lack of the syncro. Just try pushing the clutch down again or shift into first before you shift into reverse.

i had this problem bad but after a few weeks it stopped being intolerable and a bit later it was totally fine. i duno if i was smashing something loose, building muscle or getting used to it or what
obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

I had the same issues when I installed my Cobb double-adj. STS awhile back, where the base (blue part) was interfering with the rubber surround near the shifter when engaging into reverse. I had trouble getting into R at least 30% of the time. Eventually I reverted back to the stock shifter as I didn't want to risk damage to the tranny.

Karboy here... No problems whatsoever with getting into 1-5. Reverse won't go in 30% of the time at first try. I usually just put it in another gear and then try again. I wasn't worried about that at all. My old car did the same thing (and that was on the factory shifter).

I think he got his car new (or newish), so i suspect this is a new development.

However, i'll add that reverse on my transmission has always been a bitch due to the lack of the syncro. Just try pushing the clutch down again or shift into first before you shift into reverse.

That's mostly a break-in syndrome, older gearboxes almost never have any problems with the reverse - unless you are rolling when you try to throw it in! :rolleyes:

453747.png

Archived