LegacyGT.com

I need info...

high_ping

First post here and need advice...

Okay...I just bought my second Outback ((so I can carry my bikes, etc.)this one is an '05 Black on Black that I got new and for $21k first one was a '96) and am now looking to get a Legacy GT. What are the options that you would suggest and what are the prices you guys have paid? I am looking for it to be as much of a sports car as possible...

For sure the short throw shifter and the subwoofer. The STS makes a nice improvement over the stock shifter, and the sub works quite well and really fills out the sound.

Of course disregard the above if you plan on doing your own aftermarket install of either......

Looks wise? JDM or RBS or do it yourself grill mod / RBS has a few aero parts on the forum (front lip, grill, splats, trunk lip)

If your looking for options from the sealer there is not much. Jut all season mats, upgraded alarm - nothing exciting

high_ping -

For an accurate pricing comparison, you'll need to let us know where you reside. :) Prices can fluctuate much by market.

Also, are you looking for an '05 or '06?

Trim level and options?

As for upgrading/aftermarket, just have a search here using our search function (radio button on the top right hand corner), or even simply read through a couple of the appropriately titled sub-Forums, and you'll find plenty of stuff. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The big option decision is whether or not to get the Limited. It adds the moonroof, leather, power seats, and a few other things. I could have lived without this stuff if necessary, but am glad that I got them.

Oh, yes, auto vs. manual. If you're looking for performance, that choice is obvious.

Or are you talking about the small stuff, such as armrest extension, auto-dimming mirror, short-throw shifter, etc.?

If you want a manual LGT wagon (limited or not), you must buy a leftover '05. There are a few around. I got mine Monday. :)

The manual isn't available in the '06 version. If you want a manual turbo in an '06, you have to get a sedan, or an Outback XT.

Thanks for the replies...

I live in Baton Rouge, LA area. I have my eye on a Garnet Red '05 limited that the sticker states $30 and change. I just spoke with my sales guy and he said that the dealership has a "special" price on that car. It is the only '05 left...

I got my '05 Outback the same way...paid only $21k for it so I hope I get as much off this one too...we will see as soon as he calls me back.

I believe the only thing this car does not have is the rear spoiler but does have the ground effects...

AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR/COMPASS

SECURITY SYSTEM UPGRADE (PERIMETER ALARM)

WHEEL LOCK SET

Variable intermittent windshield wipers w/de-icer

Pwr moonroof

Projector beam halogen fog lights

Hood scoop

Daytime running lights (DRL)

Body color fold away heated pwr mirrors w/integrated turn signals

Body color door handles

Body color body-side molding

Automatic-off 4-beam halogen headlights

Aerodynamic body color body-side ground effects

Trunk area hooks

Titanium metallic trim w/woodgrain patterned accents-inc: doors, console, shifter handle

Tilt steering column w/off-delay illuminated ignition switch ring

Sport-design electroluminescent instrumentation-inc: dual-mode digital trip odometer, ambient temp gauge

Security system

Remote keyless entry-inc: trunk release

Rear window defroster w/timer (2004)

Rear seat heater ducts (2004)

Rear bench seat w/center armrest, trunk pass-through, headrests on all seating positions

Pwr windows w/driver-side one-touch down, illuminated switches

Pwr door locks

Pre-wiring for auto-dimming rearview compass mirror

Perforated taupe leather upholstery

Lighting-inc: front door courtesy, map, off-delay dome, glove box, trunk

Leather-wrapped shift knob/parking brake handle

Leather-wrapped MOMO steering wheel w/SPORTSHIFT controls

In-glass antenna

Height-adjustable 8-way pwr driver seat w/adjustable lumbar support

Front/rear aluminum door sill plates

Front passenger seatback net pocket

Dual-zone automatic climate control

Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors w/extenders

Digital trip computer

Cruise control

Carpeted floor mats

Anti-theft engine immobilizer

AM/FM stereo w/6-disc in-dash CD changer-inc: (6) speakers

4-way pwr passenger seat w/adjustable lumbar support

4-stage heated front performance bucket seats w/active head restraints

12V aux pwr outlet in center console

Variable torque distribution (VTD) w/planetary center differential, electronically controlled continuously variable transfer clutch

Underbody cover

Rear limited slip differential

Pwr 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes

Independent front/rear suspension

Front/rear stabilizer bars

Engine speed-sensitive variable assist pwr rack & pinion steering

Electronic throttle control (ETC)

Dual chrome exhaust outlets

All-wheel drive

Active valve control system (AVCS) variable valve timing

5-speed "SPORTSHIFT" automatic transmission w/OD

4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) w/electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)

215/45ZR17 all-season mud & snow Bridgestone Potenza tires

2.5L DOHC SMPI 16-valve high-boost turbo 4-cyl boxer engine w/intercooler

17 x 7" aluminum wheels

16.9 gallon fuel tank

Side-impact door beams

Safety brake pedal system

LATCH child safety seat anchorage system

Internal child safety trunk release

Front/rear side curtain airbags (SRS)

Driver & front passenger side-impact airbags (SRS)

Driver & front passenger dual-stage airbags (SRS)-inc: driver seat position sensor, passenger seat occupant detection system

Daytime running lights (DRL)

Child safety rear door locks

5-mph impact-absorbing bumpers

4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) w/electronic brake-force distribution (EBD)

3-point rear seatbelts on all seating positions

3-point height adjustable front seatbelts w/pretensioners & force limiters

(4) cupholders-inc: dual front/dual rear

So, the dealer is trying to be an ass even after I purchased my Outback from the exact same one just last month!

The sticke is $30k and he says the best he can do is $28k!!! WTF?!! I told them to call me when they could get down to at least $26k...

What do you guys think?

• 2 months later...

THere are may threads about with PPL getting LGT ltd's for 25.5-26k, stick to your guns, the car is not worth 28 now that the 06's are out. Do a search for dealers within 500mi and go back to your dealer with the info "well, such and such has 2 05's that they are willing to let go for 26k..."

In my case (Canada) I got my 05 a month ago for $200 over invoice, plus the dealer kept the $1000 cashback from subie. Still more expensive up here though.

Good luck.

Good grief that's expensive. I got the non-limited automatic GT for way less than that. It took me two weeks to do it and had three dealers bidding against one another, but whatever it took to get down to the price I was willing to pay. I don't know how many times I walked out of the dealership only to get a phone call 5 minutes later.

There have been a few members here that have recently paid close to 24K for a Limited 2005 model. You should at least be able to get the dealer to go below 26k. Anything more is just getting raped. Remember this is a 2005 model. The dealer should be begging you to take it off his hands. :icon_evil

Archived