LegacyGT.com

feedback on D/FW dealer service depts

Mad1

Any comments on dealer service depts in the D/FW area? I am closest to

Teape's Arlington location, so far I have only used them for an oil change

and I have no complaints about that. Your experience appreciated!

Tough to say...it could be a few things or none. As far as the battery, does it start better with everything off? (ie a/c, radio headlights. Does anything dim down when you gas it hard? ie dashlights etc

From what you are describing, I'm thinking it could be a fuel pump issue, injector issue, fuel issue, plugs or nothing. The only reason I say it could be nothing is it something seems like subarus struggle to turn over and that might be what you are seeing as an issue. Past that, it's tough to say for sure until I could hear sounds/see how long it takes to turn over.

Have you had this issue on multiple tanks of gas? It could be some bad gas...but I doubt it.

Honestly the best thing to do is bring it in. We have some good techs here that I will let work on my car. So they could sort you out....but honestly between Teape hurst and Teape Arlington, I trust the hurst techs more. I would call Mike Aguilar on Monday and he can sort you out.

Can you post a video of you starting your car? That might help me a little.

Tomorrow I plan to charge the battery to see if that makes a change. When I picked up the car last month in New Mexico it was doing better than now. The dealer may have charged the battery before I took delivery and it is fading now, if it starts right up after a charge that would point to a weak battery. Once running everything seems fine, no dimming issues. I have only run 1200 miles, so not many tankfuls of gas. Thanks for your suggestions, I have no video capability.

take notice of your dash clock and speedometer...are either acting up?

my 05 did this when I traded it in and of all things it was a bad dash clock AND an airbag sensor was unplugged, thus draining the battery because it was always sending a fault signal to the clock and gauge cluster.

took them months to figure it out

To the original post's intent I just had to do a service at the Plano location. I forgot to bring the coupon with me and they said I needed it at the beginning of service to get the discount. I asked if I could go back home to grab it since I was still early for my appointment and they finally said they'd cover it since they knew the coupon offer I was talking about. Usually I get pretty good treatment at SoP and they've always had free food out in the mornings when I go (bagels and cream cheese usually).

Not sure about the other places, but I was told by the sop guys that I needed a new rear diff on my sti. Went to Huffines Subaru, they tightened up the rear trailing arm and the knock has basically gone away. Take that for what it's worth.

Andrew

There are only two people I reccomend at Plano. Everyone else is new and sucks.

That's so disappointing about SoP. I still recall SOA having a big to-do about SoP being somewhat of a flagship dealership.

They don't carry Extra-S gear oil. Enough said. :lol:

It really is....If you go there, they have lost all the familiar faces that used to be there....the new "management" has either fired or pushed out everyone that had been there for a while. In fact, you'll be more hard pressed to find a Subaru enthusiast there now-a-days.

That's what I had heard at first. They even had some Dallas Morning News articles about SoP and how they were this giant flagship store. Not sure where all that went but I know they combined with Subaru of Dallas awhile ago. Not sure if that's when things started to drop off or not. I know from personal expirence they used to be good. I was taking my LGT there for warranty stuff, they were great. Then I went through a rather.... difficult used vehicle purchase (somewhat related to the rear diff) and I was less than impressed. Sad really.

Andrew

• 1 month later...
SoP has gone down hill on the customer service side of things lately. They have lost a lot of good Subaru people this past year. As for Brandon Tomes, it is brand new, so there isn't much feedback out there on it. I don't know if I would go there just yet if it were me as they are brand new so they may not have been around Subaru much yet. If you want to make the drive out to Hurst, I can recommend someone to you....pm me if interested.

Call Betty Greenfield at Subaru of Mckinney, tell her Ed sent you. She's awesome...and their prices are well below SOp on everything I have checked so far. I was at SOP today and there was a new rotation of faces at the service desks...thrid change in three months.,..and BOTH advisors were too busy eating to pay any attention to me.

I did however manage to snag a free carwash while I was there.

SoP has gone down hill on the customer service side of things lately. They have lost a lot of good Subaru people this past year. As for Brandon Tomes, it is brand new, so there isn't much feedback out there on it. I don't know if I would go there just yet if it were me as they are brand new so they may not have been around Subaru much yet. If you want to make the drive out to Hurst, I can recommend someone to you....pm me if interested.

Thanks, but Hurst would be about an hour drive for me. It may come down to that but I am shopping around right now.

Too bad about SoA, they were setup as a Subaru model dealership and are supposed to set the bar for the sales and customer service experience.

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win07_debut.htm

Call Betty Greenfield at Subaru of Mckinney, tell her Ed sent you. She's awesome...and their prices are well below SOp on everything I have checked so far. I was at SOP today and there was a new rotation of faces at the service desks...thrid change in three months.,..and BOTH advisors were too busy eating to pay any attention to me.

I did however manage to snag a free carwash while I was there.

Thanks, I have her checking on my Navigation problems to see if there are any firmware updates.

The Nav buttons will lockup and become unresponsive until you stop, shift to park, and then shift back to drive. Happens about 20% of the time.

Great insight on the ups and downs of dealership flow. I just moved to Arlington and I know where I will go for service now.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

Too bad about SoA, they were setup as a Subaru model dealership and are supposed to set the bar for the sales and customer service experience.

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win07_debut.htm

It was a great place when it opened and for a couple years afterward, but then new management and cost cutting killed the fun. SoD used to be a great place, too. I might check out the McKinney dealer, though really the only thing I use the dealerships for anymore is an oil change when I'm too lazy to do one.

Archived