LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

Might clarify for the noobs that the pic shows a turbo version.

Also, it's only the rear ARB brackets that need reinforcement.

Axelbacks are swappable with LGT, as are catbacks with some twiddling.

And Outback owners need to take care. A lot does indeed swap over, but slamming an OB can result in counter-productive camber geometry.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone. so i have had my 2.5i for a little over 2 months. (09 model) i put aftermarket rims on it like 2 weeks after i got it. i still have stock breaks and they seem to be wearing a little fast i think. i havent had to change them but i fear i may need to soon. anyone in my situation (aftermarket wheels perhaps wearing the breaks down) and what kind of breaks are good and longer lasting on a stock break system

I'm assuming you got bigger/heavier wheels? Rotational mass has a significant effect on braking and acceleration, even handling too. If you want better braking, 1st step is better pads, I suggest Hawk HPS. Brake fluid is important too, I suggest changing that once a year. If you have the funds, search around for someone selling LGT calipers/rotors, it's a nice upgrade from stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a JDM LGT-B and am about to install WRX 4-pots on the front with DBA 4000 rotors. I have a couple friends who have done this and rave about the imroved stopping. It has also been recommended by a couple of noteable Subbie tuners.

However, a couple ppl on here are of the opinion it's a downgrade. Just looking for some more opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
25/25!!!

Why do you like 25mm instead of the smaller size bars recommended by Rallitek and other manufacturers?

Is it just stronger / more durable or is the handling that much better due to the larger bars?

I'm thinking this might be a good fit for the Outback too.

I think the larger the better. The combo front to rear is all up to your preference in driving. bigger in the rear for more oversteer, bigger in front for more understeer. my solid 25 front is similar to a 23 hollow, so it's softer than the rear. I appreciate the oversteer with the lack of power I have so it's not uncontrollable. besides, I want the car to turn when I turn the wheel. Understeer makes my pants messy. I grew up with rear wheel drive cars so tail out feels ok to me.

1) Engine- How can I get more power out of my car?

Well, this is not an easy task, there really are only a very limited number of modifications available to increase power in the N/A 2.5 engine. This is a list of “bolt-on” modifications that can net you minimal gains:

-- lightweight crank pulley as well as alternator/steering pulleys

decrease in rotational mass of the engine will allow it to spin more freely. Available from several manufacturers, Perrin, Group-A, Cobb etc

-- intake manifold spacers (potentially has greatest benefit):

if you examine the engine assembly you will note that the intake manifold sits on top of the engine block and as such becomes very hot over the course of engine operation, manifold spacers separate the intake manifold and decrease the temperature of the incoming air. Available from Grimspeed

I'd like to get the lightweight crank pulleys and intake spacers when my warranty expires.

Lightweight pulley(s) doesn't increase HP just makes the engine run more efficiently?

Re: the Grimspeed intake manifold spacers...not sure why that has the potential to be greatest benefit? In terms of engine longevity perhaps?

Be careful with bigger sway bars though, make sure you've got decent tires to match or else the bars will break the tires traction at the limit.

Regarding the intake manifold spacers, potential to be greatest benefit is because it makes the engine run at a lower temperature. Lower temperature means more power.

Anyone got any ideas on how to install the 09 fog light bezel covers? lol...i cant seem to snap them into the bumper! WTF

take a flathead screwdriver, pop the black covers off where the fogs should go, then take the bezels for the fogs, and they slide into place.

Be careful with bigger sway bars though, make sure you've got decent tires to match or else the bars will break the tires traction at the limit.

Regarding the intake manifold spacers, potential to be greatest benefit is because it makes the engine run at a lower temperature. Lower temperature means more power.

Same concept with the lightweight pulleys re: lowering the temperature?

I never heard that before, about lowering temperature = more power.

Anyone have a link where to buy the Grimmspeed spacers?

This probably voids the warranty but as soon as my OB is paid-off and warranty is up...definitely would like to add the pulleys and spacers.

^^I'm almost set on going for the spacers. I already have the pulley and the hybrid intake. I'm just worried about screwing something up lol, any suggestions on what to look out for during the install? I don't have a lift so I have no clue how I should approach this.

^^I'm almost set on going for the spacers. I already have the pulley and the hybrid intake. I'm just worried about screwing something up lol, any suggestions on what to look out for during the install? I don't have a lift so I have no clue how I should approach this.

install guide is here:

http://www.omods.com/index.php/mods_article/subaru_guides_wrx_0204_engine_phenolic_spacer_intall_guide

Looks like it may take a while to install. Btw, are you using any aftermarket end links or brackets for your Rallitek sway set?

i have a 2008 subaru legacy 2.5i and i just put on a cai and was wondering if anyone knew if a lgt's catback exhaust system would work on the base 2.5i?

It works, but it's not recommended. The LGT cat-back piping diameter is larger than ours, which means you reduce the efficiency of the engine and actually lose some power.