LegacyGT.com

19inch tire choices

Fellas, more and more questioms are coming up about 19inch rims (well ive got that covered) but not a lot of feedback for the part where they meet the road. Aka TIRES!!!!

I've recently purchased 19x9 +35 wheels, now its the conundrum of the actual tire choice. With TONS of 17&18 reviews here I've read 19 are minimal..stock is 225/45r18 I'm lowered 1.8f 1.3r ...also purchased megan lca and toe kit so I'm ready to roll just gotta get rubber

Here's what I'm looking for...a majority of my miles are highway minimal in town driving, so I'd prefer something with decent tread wear and low noise. Also a preformance factor to them as well with living in idaho I get some twisty mtn roads and get into the boost *if you know what I mean** limiting these to warmer months mid april-sept

Sizes I'm considering are 255/35 and 265/35 and 245/40 (slightly taller)Preferably under 1200 $ or best/greatest value

…the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position is a solid 19" tire choice. It's a great performer in the wet and dry, comes in every size you're looking at, is pretty reasonably priced, and generally only finishes behind the Pilot Super Sport in testing. Plus a set right now is just over $1000 (for 245/40-19).

...I decided to modify my order a little and go with the Continental Extreme Contact DW. They aren't as sticky as the Bridgestone S-04s, but aren't that far off and weigh 5lbs less. The Contis are also on special at the Tire Rack and saving $$$ is always a plus.

I also swapped from the Nitto Motivo to the Continental Extrem Contact DW, I was going for the Michelin but for someone who car has seen 17 driven miles since last summer, wasn't worth the extra $500.00 to me.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

...I decided to modify my order a little and go with the Continental Extreme Contact DW. They aren't as sticky as the Bridgestone S-04s, but aren't that far off and weigh 5lbs less. The Contis are also on special at the Tire Rack and saving $$$ is always a plus.

Good to know. Tomorrow a local discount tire is putting on its 1st official summer meet. So maybe in the raffle ill score some type of deal before I make a decision, knowing a few people at dealerships too I'm gonna start there for best price then see what else to do.

Wheels are 12days away from delivery!!!

^ I emailed them again today to see if ill have them by the end of next week (crossing fingers)

At the show/meet probably 60+ cars showed up from all manufactures most modded of course, they gave everyone goodie bags and inside was an extra50$ off visa card towards a set of new tires so ill be heading in middle of this week to see what they can offer.

Chatted with the guy at discount tire and he reccomended the Nitto Motivos for longer treadwear (1083 $ ). Also recomended Cooper zeon rs3-a for a stickier tire but lower treadwear (994)

I found the coopers rs3-a and rs3-s for 854 through onlinetires.com ...should I get the A? or S? Or shoot for the nittos???

• 2 years later...

IMHO, if you want the cheapest, noisiest, but stickiest tires, go for the Federal 595 RS*R. These are, however, horrible in the rain and wears pretty fast. If you want the best daily driver tires, stickiest yet really quiet for a daily, excellent in the rain (and I mean excellent) then get the Pilot Super Sports. They are pricey but worth every penny.

I have the Pilot SS currently and had the RS*R before that. If you want all season, cheap, decent in everything, and quiet go for the sumitomo P02. Don't get the outdated P01. I have the p02 as winter tires..

I also currently have the Motivo on the GTI, they're pretty good. They are a bit better in the dry than the p02 BUT only if you're willing to pay more for it.

just my experience.

Allllll I can say considering I went with the nitto Motivos is over the past few years they handle crazy awesome in rain. I think with my car making a good chunk of torque the snow is a bit scetchy but that only happened 2-3x

Archived