LegacyGT.com

07 5EAT Questions

Hokiebird

I just wanted to run two things by you guys and see if anyone else had these issues.

1. My electroluminescent ring on my speedometer isn't lite all the way around. It isn't lite up at the very bottom right under the center of the fuel economy guage. I can't remember if it has always been like this, but I would think it shouldn't be.

2. For you 5eat guys. When you have the transmission in automatic and you hit the up or down buttons on your stearing wheel does anything happen? Mine seems to allow me to shift and bounces between the automatic mode and sportshift. That doesn't seem right to me and I'm just wondering what would be involved with fixing it.

My car is obviously still under warranty so I'll ask my dealer about this stuff and a few other issues I have (dash rattle and door panel leather is coming up) when I get a chance in the next few weeks. Thanks!

I can only comment on the electroluminescent gauges in the 07. The ring is not actually lit anymore, it is only a reflection ring that looks lit and is simply reflecting a glow from the rest of the gauge. The reason the bottom part is not lit is because of the fuel economy gauge being in the way and they didn't put any reflective ring there. I know, it's retarded, but that's just Subaru getting cheap. On the 05-06 models, the ring is actually lit and for instance when you get low on fuel, the fuel gauge ring starts to flash at you to let you know. BUT, I do have to say that I still like the look of the 07 gauges better because the speedo and tach are separate gauges and not pushed together like the 05-06 models. If only they would have actually lit the rings.....

If you are in "D" the steering wheel buttons will enable you to shift to another gear, but after a few seconds the transmission will revert to automatic mode again. The shift lever has to be in the gate to the left for trans to stay in a gear until you ask it to shift to another. If I even understand what you are asking.
It is still ugly.

Archived