LegacyGT.com

Has anyone fron Canada been able to turn off the seatbelt chime?

The chime that won't stop unless you buckle up. I have tried repeatedly the trick in this thread: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023&page=17&pp=10[/url] And it doesn't work for me. I am wondering if the trick could have been disabled for the Canadian market, since seatbelt use is compulsory in Canada. Now, if people with Canadian-spec cars have been able to turn off the chime, I would like to know it. I am cross-posting here because, obviously, someone who has successfully turned off the endless chime will not be looking anymore at the relevant thread.

I'm in Canada...worked for me, after a few tries. It even came back once, and had to repeat the procedure...so far it's still gone. I believe somebody posted something about having to wait until the light flashes to start the 20x stuff...that's what did it for me.

[quote name='BernardP']The chime that won't stop unless you buckle up. I have tried repeatedly the trick in this thread: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2023&page=17&pp=10[/url] And it doesn't work for me. I am wondering if the trick could have been disabled for the Canadian market, since seatbelt use is compulsory in Canada. Now, if people with Canadian-spec cars have been able to turn off the chime, I would like to know it. I am cross-posting here because, obviously, someone who has successfully turned off the endless chime will not be looking anymore at the relevant thread.[/QUOTE] 1) Sit in car 2) with key, turn car to ON /ACC (DO NOT START) 3) IMMEDIATELY start hooking / unhooking the seatbetl 20 times in 30 seconds 4) turn key to off 5) remove key 6) start car Make sure you follow THESE instructions properly, I tried the other method where you do it 2 times and it didn't work. I tried this and it worked first try. Make sure you interrupt the chiming, dont wait until its over to start buckling and unbuckling. Parousia

Parousia, On the first belt connection, do you wait for the light to stop flashing before proceeding to the next 19? Or do you go on to number 2 while the light is still flashing? On each connect/disconnect cycle, do you wait for the light to stop flashing before disconnecting again? Thanks

[quote name='BernardP']Parousia, On the first belt connection, do you wait for the light to stop flashing before proceeding to the next 19? Or do you go on to number 2 while the light is still flashing? On each connect/disconnect cycle, do you wait for the light to stop flashing before disconnecting again? Thanks[/QUOTE] keep buckling and unbuckling... you will interupt the chiming and the flashing lights and this is necessary. Parousia

Archived