LegacyGT.com

What would a STEAL IT price be for a 09 LGT Limited w/12K

izquik

I found a 09 LGT Limited with 12K and a dealer installed cold air intake. Perfect condition. It's from an estate sale. Any opinions on what a smokin deal would be to get this at? The executor is going to a local dealer and asking what they will buy it for straight out and said he will offer it to me for that amount. He's supposed to call me next week.

The dealer offered them 17K. It would cost me 18,020 w/tax.????? With the way it's optioned Edmunds has it at TI=17,824.00, PP=18,919.00, Dlr. Retail=19,961.00. Not exactly deal of the century...but any opinions from you entusiasts that have a feel for the street value of this? I'm surprised they offered that much, but @ 12K mi and the condition, it's basically a brand new 2009. Need to make a decision by Friday, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Can you confirm that is how much the dealer really offered? I think thats a good price but I am a bit surprised they'd offer that much. I don't know the values of the newer ones but honestly if its a car you like/want and you can afford it you WILL NOT find one with lower miles. I'd say you're getting a hell of a deal. Maybe not the deal of the century but still a great deal from my perspective. Shop around here and other listings and see what you find.

My cousin is the excutor of the will.......I'm fairly certain I'm getting the tru offer price. I drove the car and as I said, it's basically a brand new 09 driven by a 72 YO man and always garaged and purchased/serviced from the local dealer (who is the one that made the offer). I guess the concensus is pretty good deal but not a "you're nutz if you pass it up!" one.?

12k on a 4th gen is next to impossible to find. I always weigh things like this against something, ie get a 4th gen for 9-11k, dump the rest in mods, rebuilt and modded engine, all the works subacabra style. Or another car, maybe something with a bit more class like a bmw or benz. It was probably worth 20k+ in 2009. From a realistic point of view i'd say no, from an idealistic point of view i'd say yes.. its one of those "beauty is the eye of the beholder" kind of things.

Do you plan on modding the car?? Majority of the people on this site mod their cars, if your going to mod, 18k could be better spent. If your going to keep it like the previous owner then yea. 18k can get you a nice 4th gen in proper condition, 400+hp at the wheels, a monster suspension and probably a big brake kit in the front. I think it really depends on what your going to do to the car!!

You can basically buy a brand new engine, tranny and interior for a limited gt that costs under 10k. 12k for an 09 @ 18k what are you really getting???? A car your going to collect, and store or most likely drive the hell out of it, at that point you payed a lot to enter this race. Is there any warranty?? If not I'd say hell no.

We need some more information. If it were me and I had 18k looking for a 4th gen, mileage wouldnt be so much a factor. I would be looking for something with an amazing body, interior, the engine could be garbage for all I care because at that point, your paying 7-9k blown engine 5-7k and have 10k+ left to replace all the shit I would have thrown in the garbage anyway, like control arms, bushings, 5sp tranny, differential, downpipe, uppipe, injectors, turbo, intake, you name it its in the trash.

So i guess it comes down to are you modding? If so then this is a horrible deal. If you dont plan to do anything then its a good deal.

Both lingling and scoobyroo have work done to their cars, if you had bought a gt limited with 100k+ miles for 8k what could you do with 10k? I would rather have that for 18k as opposed to starting to mod at 18k.

Thanks for the opinions. I personally am not looking to do anything to the car, just drive it for about 2 years till the kids are out of college than probably sell. Given what you've said, it probably won't hold the value I thought in resale in a year or two if I have 18K into buying now.

As a LOVER of the Legacy I'd say this is a great deal. But realistically, it's true. You can get a nicer/classier car if you want for the same money and get a car with say 60k miles which still (depending on the situation) isn't bad on miles. This is a unicorn find and if what you want is a Legacy and you don't plan to mod, just drive and let it be a fun/reasonable/classy car for a while- then I say it's a good deal. That is just me. I'm just some guy with a modded 05 with almost 110k on the clock though.

I was hoping that I'd be able to buy this and drive it for 1-2 years and not lose much (or anything) on it. But I also didn't think they would offer 17K. We only put on about 8K/yr. Then trade for a new outback. I'm going to check w/the dealer I was going to buy from and ask if I came in with this car on a trade, what would he offer if buying a new car from him. He was offering me KBB TI price on a Montana Van I have. KBB TI on the GT is 20K. If he tells me 19 or 20, I'll buy it. Thanks again for the feedback, I'll let you know by Fri/Sat how it worked out.

The Subaru dealer is offering them 17k because the dealer will immediately put a CPO sticker on it and list it for ~$24k, hoping to sell it for $21k.

In 2-3 years, you should be able to sell it for $15k fairly easily. That's not bad depreciation, since you're looking at ~$1k/yr. The comparable would be a 06-07 with <50k miles which is almost impossible to find.

The dealer has a huge amount of leverage on this, because they can use CPO and have much lower transaction costs.

The Subaru dealer is offering them 17k because the dealer will immediately put a CPO sticker on it and list it for ~$24k, hoping to sell it for $21k.

In 2-3 years, you should be able to sell it for $15k fairly easily. That's not bad depreciation, since you're looking at ~$1k/yr. The comparable would be a 06-07 with <50k miles which is almost impossible to find.

The dealer has a huge amount of leverage on this, because they can use CPO and have much lower transaction costs.

Good point.

I was @ another dealer today, he said if I brought it in for a trade he'd offer me 17K, but that was on buying a new outback premium or limited. Like others have said above, 18K w/tax isn't bad if I plan on keeping it stock and using it (which I would). And if I only lose 1k/yr or so for driiving it 2-3 yrs, I couldn't ask for much better.

Does the CAI have a negative impact or just doesn't do anything?

There is a reason Subaru stopped offering the SPT intake. Stock tune, stock legacy CAI dont mix well and thats not just Turbo Subaru's ALL of them :lol:

Does the CAI have a negative impact or just doesn't do anything?

The CAI on a stock tune can make the car run lean at times. Given the amount of mileage on the car overall, I wouldn't really be concerned, but you might want to consider either getting a tune or reverting to stock.

Also, its less of an issue the better gas you have. If you've got 93 in you area, it'd probably be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the OP actually buy this car?

OP=Original Purchaser???, The car only had 1 owner, the sale invoice was 31,500 in 09 (I think with all taxes, etc.),......I passed on the deal and I believe the local subaru dealer, Fairway in Hazleton, PA, bought it for 17K but the executor may have found someone else too. If I see it on the lot, I'll post what they end up asking for it, of course what they'll take is anyones guess. This is a great forum, thanks for all the help with my questions. Hopefully I'll be in an outback or impreza sport soon and be on a similar forum.

Archived