LegacyGT.com

Logs: Should I perform compression/leak test

a.lim

My car has been running like crap on WOT. I did some logs (at idle) with the parameters that a local tuner suggested. Not sure what these parameters mean. Can someone shed some light?

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5799/screenshot20111025at333.jpg

Attached is the full log.

datalog21.csv

That log does not tell us much - looks totally normal to me.

It is showing your fuel trim adjustments - they are all reasonable/normal. You need to do WOT logs and tell us your detailed mods list.

If using romraider log:

Engine speed

Engine load

manifold relative pressure (corrected)

Knock Sum

Total Timing

Feedback knock correction

Fine learning knock correction

throttle opening

IAM

I think that is all.

Not sure what the parameter names are for accesport.

If that's all he told you to log and now says you need a compression check I would look to a different tuner. Unless we are only getting part of the story there is nothing in that log that really says anything negative. Iam is at 1 and all trims are within 5%. The d learning should be lower ie +- 2% but I have seen plenty of stock vehicles way farther off than that. On a tuned high hp vehicle that might be causing a lean condition up top but can't tell without a wideband and data.

I cannot look at the full log on my phone but like stated above, post a wot log from 2k to redline with the parameters listed above and we might be able to help.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I should note - the only thing that looks a little whacky is the idle RPM - seems to fluctuate a little more than normal. It bounces from 880 to 920 in places - but perhaps that is normal, I never noticed it on my logs.

I do not think you should get a compression test unless (as cryo stated) there is more to the story. What are your symptoms other than it running crappy?

oil seems to be fine. still doing oil changes at the same interval. power seems to be fine also, but i really dont know how it performs under heavy accel because i always baby the car now. i had one misfire code that turned on when i first experienced this weird shaking at WOT, but it turned off by itself within seconds. no codes eversince.

i have a log that i did a while back when it first started happening. ive attached it. only went to 5300 rpm because the shaking got real bad.

also, although its not on the logs, on the drive back home tonight i did a WOT run in 4th starting from 3300 rpm and as soon as i hit around 15 psi boost i got a cylinder 3 roughness. eased off the pedal after that.

if i have to ill do another log with those parameters above. i just dont feel comfortable going WOT anymore..

datalog18.csv

If you are having a misfire code the first thing to check is your coilpack, sparkplugs and injectors.

I would start by checking the cyl 3 coilpack connection, plug and injector. If everything looks fine I would swap out the coilpack on 3 to another cylinder. If the roughness moves to that cylinder then replace the coilpack it is probably bad. If it does not move, swap the injector and see if the roughness moves to another cylinder.

If none of these work - get a compression test.

oil seems to be fine. still doing oil changes at the same interval. power seems to be fine also, but i really dont know how it performs under heavy accel because i always baby the car now. i had one misfire code that turned on when i first experienced this weird shaking at WOT, but it turned off by itself within seconds. no codes eversince.

i have a log that i did a while back when it first started happening. ive attached it. only went to 5300 rpm because the shaking got real bad.

also, although its not on the logs, on the drive back home tonight i did a WOT run in 4th starting from 3300 rpm and as soon as i hit around 15 psi boost i got a cylinder 3 roughness. eased off the pedal after that.

if i have to ill do another log with those parameters above. i just dont feel comfortable going WOT anymore..

These are the "other things going on" that I mentioned. If you are seeing roughness that was never there before with a solid tune that's a whole different story. Roughness during wot could be a faulty injector or coil/spark plug issue. Worst case would be compression. When did you service the plugs last, that's always a cheap first step if they have not been swapped in a long time. How were your afr's during wot? Post a learning view if possible since it doesn't sound like we can get a wot log safely.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived