LegacyGT.com

OEM front sway bar upgrade

RyanE

Hi folks,

Another gem from the fine folks at NASIOC...apparently the B9 Tribeca front sway bar is 25 mm and will bolt up to 2.5RS, WRX, and WRX STi.

The thread on NASIOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973884

The part numbers needed:

20401XA00A: B9 FSB (1)

20470SA011: STi rear end links (2)

You'll also need to buy or make 25 mm sway bar bushings. Apparently Whiteline 24 mm bushings have been "modified" with a hole saw to work.

The bar is 45 3/8 inches wide, so who knows if it will fit a LGT. Someone buy one and take one for the team! :)

-Ryan

Too short, you think? If I ever come across a Tribeca in a junkyard, I just may have to pull the bar off it.

The stock front bar on the LGT is 22 mm, right? That's what my digital calipers said, at least...

-Ryan

• 5 months later...

Old thread, but thought I would bump this in case anyone was wondering.

I was replacing my front sway tonight, and had my 25mm Tribeca bar that I had taken off of my '99 Impreza wagon before I sold it. Did a quick test-fit, but the bar is way too wide in any configuration (tried moving endlinks around, etc. to make it work). The bends look like it would fit under the subframe, but without modifying the endlinks it's not a direct bolt-on.

So it's conclusive: No 25mm Tribeca bar on the LGT. That bar was killer on my Impreza, though!

• 7 months later...

MauiJim, do you happen to have the measurement of the mounting hold distance? The reason I asked is because recently I got my hands on a pair of 08 sti alum LCA. It seems like the mounting bracket on the LCA is about an inch wider on each side.

Any info is much appreciated.

Old thread, but thought I would bump this in case anyone was wondering.

I was replacing my front sway tonight, and had my 25mm Tribeca bar that I had taken off of my '99 Impreza wagon before I sold it. Did a quick test-fit, but the bar is way too wide in any configuration (tried moving endlinks around, etc. to make it work). The bends look like it would fit under the subframe, but without modifying the endlinks it's not a direct bolt-on.

So it's conclusive: No 25mm Tribeca bar on the LGT. That bar was killer on my Impreza, though!

Now I need some stock LGT ltd bar measurements, hopefully I will have some interesting finding next time my car is jacked up on stands.

Here are the measurements:

Inside-to-inside of bar at mounting points: 44 3/4"

Center-to-center at mounting points: 45 3/16"

Outside-to-outside at mounting points: 45 1/2"

Hope that helps...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived