LegacyGT.com

Clutch pedal firewall flex issue

I have been reading about this problem on 08+ WRXs and wondering if this affects 05-09 LGTs also. Here's a nabsico thread about the issue.

Has anyone had this issue of the spot welds on the firewall failing? I am experiencing a sort of popping or clicking when I release my clutch so I am wondering if I could be having the same issue. Regardless I will have it checked out by a mechanic.

I have been reading about this problem on 08+ WRXs and wondering if this affects 05-09 LGTs also. Here's a nabsico thread about the issue.

Has anyone had this issue of the spot welds on the firewall failing? I am experiencing a sort of popping or clicking when I release my clutch so I am wondering if I could be having the same issue. Regardless I will have it checked out by a mechanic.

Been having this issue too after longer periods of driving, hopefully theres a solution.

The WRX doesn't look the same under the hood. In my Legacy the clutch pedal is attached to a rotating shaft that runs past the brake pedal to the clutch master cylinder closer to the centre of the car. This has "afterthought" written all over it, BTW.

I went to lift the wiper motor to check the firewall and found that the assembly is different than what WRX owners describe. I'm hoping the LGTs design is more robust than the WRX.

And the clutch pedal seems like a terrible place for these afterthought designs. Saw one story of a clutch pedal assembly ripping all the way out.

Archived