LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT Audio Issues

kjphoto518

Hi,

I just bought my 05 legacy gt. Took it for a drive tonight for the first time. I went to brake hard and the stereo cut out. I was playing a cd. The lights on the stereo faded out for a second and the AC Heat lights on the bottom faded for a second and it started making really loud static noises randomly. Then it came back on and it was fine for a while. Did it again. Driving for about an hour. I'll be driving it tomorrow so I'll see if it does it any more. Didn't do it on my hour long test drive. Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Yea, my radio was doing the same. Radio has been working fine, when I tried to use CDs, after a few minutes it should do that. If I turned it on and off it would work for few then cut out again. The radio is fine. I figured the CD player had issues. Wasn't ready to to the double din upgrade , so I just got a used radio for $150 bucks. Took me about 1/2 hour to swap. I'll open the old one up and see if I notice any probs.

But for the money and time this was the easiest for me

you mean a Jazzy mod for the 05? The 05 radios don't have AUX on them only the 08 P-204UH radios have them from factory. The 05-07 requires you to take apart the radio and install and aftermarket Jazzy mod to get Aux.

you mean a Jazzy mod for the 05? The 05 radios don't have AUX on them only the 08 P-204UH radios have them from factory. The 05-07 requires you to take apart the radio and install and aftermarket Jazzy mod to get Aux.

Yeah I mean the Jazzy mod.

Archived