LegacyGT.com

CEL issues. P2004 P2005 P2012

Friday my fiance comes home and says the CEL is on. I go look CEL is on and cruise flashing.

I go to work today and check the codes on a Mac scanner. ( I work @ a bmw dealer ) My codes are

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

P2012 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 2)

My car is dead stock other than tires and brakes. Has anyone ever brought their Legacy GT 2.5 to a dealer and have them fix anything or just clear the codes and send you on your way. I already know what the codes mean. Tumble valve on the intake manifold. There is a good explanation of the part here

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win03_Manifold.htm

So my only question is this. Should I bring to a dealer and waste my time having them run the codes again. Do you think they will replace the valves?

I should have used the snap on scanner and check the fault occurance.

2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA

2005 LGT 5EAT

2003 VW GTI - sold.

1991 BMW M3

1972 BMW 2002

I have read all the other posts that I could find on these codes and didn't see a result on anyones threads. Plus half of them had mods and everone was to concerned about them.

2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA

2005 LGT 5EAT

2003 VW GTI - sold.

1991 BMW M3

1972 BMW 2002

<No expert, but my guess would be if you're under warranty, bone stock, the dealer will likely:

reflash, see if it stays away; if so, tell you it's a fluke code.

if not, i imagine they could be cleaned similar to a throttle body if gunked up and sticking open; probably doubtful they'd go through that trouble, and more likely to just replace if it got that far.

finally, they could opt to replace either the tgv assemblies, or just the servos or the sensors.

if they clean or replace the valves, it'll be there for a while, as the manifold will need to be lifted to get them out/in.

best of luck.

Well, I brought it in and they didn't do anything to it. Their report on the invoice thing says:

History code function test no faults

Re-Program call codes clear won't set

So yeah, I can't really help you here. I'm still kinda worried though since it's the second time the code has come up and I don't want to deal with a TGV issue when I fall out of warranty, unless that's considered part of the powertrain warranty. :(

• 2 years later...
Well, I brought it in and they didn't do anything to it. Their report on the invoice thing says:

History code function test no faults

Re-Program call codes clear won't set

So yeah, I can't really help you here. I'm still kinda worried though since it's the second time the code has come up and I don't want to deal with a TGV issue when I fall out of warranty, unless that's considered part of the powertrain warranty. :(

Have the dealer write an invoice whenever the code happens. If you can prove a history of the problem, Subaru will deal with the repair after the warranty period.

(I was a service manager for Subaru for several years...)

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

• 4 years later...

I'm bumping this one again..

Bone stock here - '05 LGT ltd 5MT wagon @ 109k

Lately anytime I drive aggressively, I get the CEL/cruise combo.. pulled my codes today:

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1)

P2012 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 2)

Note its not during startup - the car is usually warm already.. esp today - CEL fired after a 20+ minute drive when I "got on it" on the highway. No power loss or anything like that.

Any thoughts? Is this still TGV?

Good idea there, may be its a age related thing, just clean the contacts.

The common sense things is, what would cause all to do that at the same time... age and corrosion.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
So I finally got around to reseating the plugs and no more CELs. Funny.

RESEATING WHICH PLUGS?

I have the same issue. Thinking of buying the aftermarket install that removes the whole thing and simply fakes the computer into thinking it has them.

• 1 year later...

Archived