LegacyGT.com

Emiision Testing Time

demo243

So I got the notice that I need to get emission tested... but I am Stg 2 with a full turbo back plus a catless up... thankfully my DP is catted but dont know if I will pass.

The place by me at home is usually pretty chill.. the mechanic drives a modded prelude... but unfortunately I am up in RI.

Does anyone know of a subbie friendly emissions place in the New London area?

So you are asking someone to OUT a emissions place that does illegal smogs ON THE INTERNET?

THATS LIKE ASKING SOMEONE FOR THEIR DRUG DEALERS INFO IN OPEN FORUM MAN. Bad form. I hope no one is foolish enough to answer this outside of PM.

(Personally, I would not give out this sort of info - thats how a place gets shut down and you dont get YOUR smog anymore. Good advice? Go in when they are empty and give an extra benjie)

Well thanks for your help....

I know this is a common issue that many of the members here go through... I thought we were a pretty tight community here... but I guess not...

I try to help people out as best I can with my knowledge... and I was hoping others could help me out

But I understand where you are coming from...

So if anyone knows of a place... and is willing to share that info... please PM me

Thank you for you help

With out being a DICK about it, I'm sure there are places that will allow you to pass around. I'm in northern CT so I'm not familiar with new london stations. I just had my emissions done last week, they didn't even rev the engine the paper says rpm was at 950 most everything wasn't checked or skipped except the parts that would make it not pass. The dealership I got it from took it to be tested. I'd suggest going to a smaller place that doesn't look like they are to the letter of the law, and give it a shot. Worst thing is you don't pass then have to get re checked in 30 days. Its worth a shot just getting it done, you wrote you aren't even sure if it will pass, so there is a chance it might ;) Stay positive, anyone else can PM you with places that will pass you. Good luck

My modded 91 Legacy has passed CT emissions without a hiccup twice now since the new testing has come into effect. Just like the above advice, bring it in and see what doesn't pass. And thats IF you don't. The guidelines and limits are actually not very strict here, I'd be surprised if the car doesn't pass.

If you are still unsure, find a dealership that does the testing. I've found they are more into getting you in and out as fast as they can. MJ Sullivan does emission testing, they've got to have the busiest service center I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...
They no longer dyno. They just plug in and idle it. I failed after doing a motor swap, because my the obdII read that i had not gone a specific amount of miles after plugging my battery back in. After a few hundred miles i came back, they plugged me in and i passed.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads up. I still need to do this... been busy for the last few weeks

Take it to any place that does emissions. You will pass if you do not have any cel's. I did mine today. Stage 2.5, with piston slap and all. There is no real test on obd II cars anymore.:)

Archived