LegacyGT.com

Gasoline of Choice?

I was just wondering what everyone's Gasoline of choice is? I've been using Shell V-Power since I bought my car and feel like it's the best for what I have around. I don't know that to be the case but just from what I've heard and read, could be just really good marketing on their part but they have me hooked :lol:

I was just wondering what everyone's Gasoline of choice is? I've been using Shell V-Power since I bought my car and feel like it's the best for what I have around. I don't know that to be the case but just from what I've heard and read, could be just really good marketing on their part but they have me hooked :lol:

When I was on stock ECU flash i ran whatever 89 was on sale now with a slightly better tune i run Shell V Power 93 OCT (2.5 years now) like it.

I typically buy 87 based on price, and how much traffic a station sees. Around where I live, typically cumberland farms, exxon, or mobil are fairly high volume and surprisingly priced roughly the same for 87.

This story might be of interest as well. News station in Detroit tested additive levels from various stations a couple years back.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/detergent-in-gas-helps-the-engine-run-cleaner-and-smoother-so-just-how-much-is-in-there%3F

Sounds like a lot of people have run shell v-power 93 with good reviews. Has anyone compared it to sunoco 93 on the butt dyno? I made great power with sunoco but im going to fill up with shell and try to compare.

I put them about equal. Even from seeing stuff on the dyno, you've got an exceptionally strong car, keep her happy :)

• I Donated Too
My butt byno seems to say shell has the edge but not so much that I worry about filling up with my other choices... it is more expensive. However I look forward to that treat every now and then for that extra little bit of kick in the fuel!

Shell, sunoco, gulf 93 are the main ones I use.

Why does Mobil gas cost more then the others ?

When we go to NH or ME it's hard to find 93 so I'll use a 1/2 tank of 91 and drive the car easy until I can get back to 93.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Why does Mobil gas cost more then the others ?

Still paying for the Valdeeze incident ? :lol: - sorry, had to -

I used Marathon for a long time and noticed a milage drop off , switched back to Shell and milage went back up,so, been using it since. Its strange, Ive seen an increase in milage in the GT, Outback and in my Tundra when using Shell. Heck the Outback will get between 30 and 33 mpg on the interstate with Shell. Honest !

Archived