LegacyGT.com

What am I missing?

Hey Guys!

I need a little help here please. I am having some work done on my '06 (125k miles). I am having the 120k service done, plus the timing belt, water pump, replacing ps and sc belts, replacing coolant hoses, thermostat.

---What else should I have done while he is this far into it? I feel like I'm missing something.?!

I'm also going to have struts replaced. The ride after 125k miles isn't what it used to be. With the company I work for I was able to get tie rod, tie rod end outs, front and rear link kits, and ball joints. Should I have this done as well while he's in there? Will I notice a difference? Should they have been done a while ago and I'm just dumb?

--What else should I have done while he is this far into the suspension?

If my car is going to be tied up I'd like to get all the logical stuff done at once.

Thanks Everyone!!

get your checkbook ready 1-2K bill incoming

I'm guessing north of 2K

Ball joints can last forever, they can also be a PITA to replace without cracking the Spindle. Which is a $125.00 item.

Is this a GT or 2.5i ? Did you just buy it ? give us more info.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Id rather spend a little $$ now then spend $400+ a month on a new car unnecessarily. Plus I have some serious emotional attachment to my subie!

Are there gaskets/seals/hoses/lines I'm missing?

I'm thinking if there is a part that doesnt' cost much to replace and he has to take it off anyone to get to something else Id rather have a new one on in place of the old one.

Not much is needed for a 2.5i to run a long time. Just do the normal routine maintenance called out in the manual.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks, I figure while he's in there and removing/ replacing parts it may not make sense to put a 7 year old part back on when it could be replaced for $10. I plan on keeping this car another 125k miles so I want to make it as reliable as possible.

Archived